Thread: Cts-v 6L80 trans slip tune help

Cts-v 6L80 trans slip tune help

I have my 2012 CTS-V running strong but noticing the trans is slipping at the top of a gear. What adjustments are needed to prevent this? The trans seems fine and I wouldn't have noticed this without logging Trans Slip.
    Thank you

20221114_185258.jpg20221114_185242.jpg
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 11-15-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Going to assume commanded and current gear are not the same while that slip is reported...

Senior Tuner
    This is just a brief error in how its calculated. When it commands a shift the gear is set to the next one before the shift even starts to happen... IF you were at that RPM and truly in that gear thats what the slip would be. It would be very very noticeable if the slip was that bad.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Going to assume commanded and current gear are not the same while that slip is reported...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    This is just a brief error in how its calculated. When it commands a shift the gear is set to the next one before the shift even starts to happen... IF you were at that RPM and truly in that gear thats what the slip would be. It would be very very noticeable if the slip was that bad.
    That makes sense and is great news! I have other issues with the trans tune but this was my biggest concern. Thanks!