Thread: VCM Scanner - Gauges

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner - Gauges

I have a 2001-2004 LS1 5.7 from a corvette.

I added a oil pressure channel to my scanner layout; the reading came out to be -15.1 psi at idle and decreased to -16.5 at increased RPM!!!??? How to I add an accurate oil pressure channel for my LS1?

Separately is there a way, like an app on my iphone, where I can view the gauges that I can see on my laptop when I'm connected to the scanner?

Thanks.

If the operating system in your PCM is not from a 2001-2004 Corvette then that's not what you have, that's just engine parts and HP Tuners does not connect to crankshafts and cylinder bores, it connects to the PCM. I believe you said in an earlier thread it's '02 Escalade?

Tuner in Training
    that?s correct and thanks for helping with these concepts.

hp tuners vehicle readout says it a 2002 escalade 1500 luxury with a 5.3l with a p01 ecm

Tuner in Training
    is there an accurate oil pressure channel for the 2002 escalade if it?s the pcm for a 5.7 ls1?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I’ll look into that.

Also, is there some app or monitor that I can hook up to the mpvi 3 so that I can see gauges as I am driving without using a laptop?

Tuner in Training
    If I wanted to hook up a separate oil pressure gauge, I assume it's OK to get a "y" splitter cable to connector to the oil pressure sensor, right? I looked for a cable and didn't really find much:
    Just this one:
    https://www.currentperformance.com/s...ps-y-splitter/

Senior Tuner
    Do you currently have a factory oil pressure gauge?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the early oil pressure sensor is a 1-wire sensors that is not compatible with most new gauges that use a 3-wire sensor. Wiring a 1-wire signal into your aftermarket gauge is not likely to work. If you have this early oil pressure sensor you would have to install the new gauge sensor in parallel to the original. Most put it on the side of the block above the filter boss. https://www.autometer.com/blog/insta...-installation/
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    Did any of these come with just a low pressure switch for a light?

Edit: Never mind, I forgot we were talking about the Corvette engine.

Tuner in Training
    i currently have a dakota digital vhx oil pressure gauge and im worried that it may not be accurate