Thread: Immobilizer VATS security problem

Tuner

Immobilizer VATS security problem

Ok, I did a complete re-flash on a 2005 GTO computer with a Tech II. Afterwards, I couldn't re-link the PIM to the VCM (I was able to do the BCM to PIM). Apparently, only dealerships can do the VCM to PIM re-linking. Needless to say, the car wouldn't start.
    Anyway...
    I tried to re-link through HP, but it did not work. I downloaded the program and shut off all of the VATS (1&2) and all of the VATS and Immobilizer codes came up (P0513, P0633, P1629 & P1632). I turned those off and I still get a "Service Vehicle Soon" and the wrench in the display when started (it does at least start now)!! How do I re-link all of the computers so I can turn the VATS back on and all of the codes???

Please help,
    Mike

the GTO had an early TSB with a immobilizer issue that required the PIM to actually be replaced i think. Regardless the PIM cannot be linked with our software.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    I couldn't find anything on a TSB for the PIM. How do you install a new computer with a completely new re-flash (say from a different VIN) in the GTO? Is there a way for me to do any kind of a re-link with the computer?

Thanks,
    Mike

I'll have to look into it, possibly something has changed since we tested this. For now you will probably need to go to a dealer or relink it with tech2/SPS.
    I count sheep in hex...