Thread: Did I Waste $100

Tuner

Did I Waste $100

My buddies 2013 F150 Ecoboost went to the dealer, and got flashed for whatever reason, which overwrote the Superchips (SC) programmer he?s had in there for the past 9 years.

Luckily, I had a copy of the SC tune in HPT because I like making copies of friends vehicles just to see as I normally do LS stuff.

Any way, we purchased 2 credits, opened up the SC tune, connected to the truck, clicked write, added licensed.

Error said unlicensed vehicle. After a few emails from HPT, I understand that the truck has a different OS since the dealer over wrote it.

HPT keeps saying I need to spend another $100 to be able to write to the truck.

Basically I messed up and licensed the wrong file. I should have licensed the running file and not the SC file. Didn?t realized the dealer changed the OS.

I?m asking if they could ?undo? the license, or delete the license and give me back 2 credits.

Then I could license the current running file, manually compare the adjust it to match the SC tune and write it back to the truck. For $100.

HPT has been slow to respond and less than helpful other than saying ?you need to license the file and vehicle?. I didn?t get a response at all yesterday.

Is what I am asking unreasonable?

Is my mistake worth an extra $100?

Tuner
    Ticket is 73023