Thread: Can someone please help me? 2007 Cobalt SS

Potential Tuner

Can someone please help me? 2007 Cobalt SS

I keep getting an error when trying to write a tune to my 2007 cobalt ss/sc, it will say "Controller Unlocker: Timeout" or it will get to about 63.5% and say "Writer Timeout" I can't start my car I've tried unplugging battery, I have the battery hooked up to a charger, the Radio fuses are out I've tried 2 laptops, all the ports and 2 cords. I would really appreciate anyone who can help.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah they closed that thread down, I've contacted support they said they "have engineering looking into it" sent a follow up message today hopefully they figured something out.

Advanced Tuner
    Did this start after updating the software? This thread and the linked thread both omitted if that was part of the process. I don't see how it can be disabled remotely unless this platform needs to be connected to the cloud when read/writing? If it worked before a software/device firmware update, you may need to use the older software version and rollback the device firmware, if you saved those install files.

Otherwise just wait for HP to figure out the issue.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Did this start after updating the software? This thread and the linked thread both omitted if that was part of the process. I don't see how it can be disabled remotely unless this platform needs to be connected to the cloud when read/writing? If it worked before a software/device firmware update, you may need to use the older software version and rollback the device firmware, if you saved those install files.

Otherwise just wait for HP to figure out the issue.
    The one in the post that I linked was using a new '3" and I would guess the OP for this one does also based upon post count.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    The one in the post that I linked was using a new '3" and I would guess the OP for this one does also based upon post count.
    Yeah I have an MPVI3, I still haven't heard anything back from HPTuners themselves either other than "We have engineering looking into it" I ordered a new ECU seems like to me they don't really care about the Cobalts anymore since they are older unfortunately.