Thread: Fan settings for P01 pcm

Tuner in Training

Fan settings for P01 pcm

I recently acquired a 79 C10 with an LS1 from a 2001-2004 corvette and a p01 pcm from a 2002 Escalade.

The fans were wired to a fan controller (dakota digital pac-2750) but they are now triggered using the pcm (pin outs 42 and 33). I haven?t rewired the ac trinary switch yet - I assume the trinary switch is connected to the pac2750 - I haven?t figured that out yet.

Do I need to hook up another wire from the pcm to trigger the ac when pressure rises? Or do I just need to change my fan settings? How does the pcm read ac pressure?

Can someone share their fan settings? Do the ?enable fan speed? and ?disable fan speed? functions work? I have mine set at 0 and 35 (I need to make sure that my pcm reads vehicle speed).

Thanks in advance.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post707226

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Trinary switch is for controlling fans without PCM control, it's a standalone thing and not meant to be an input for the PCM. Copy one of the various factory high side/low side switch/sensor setups and the tune file settings that go with it if you want the PCM to control everything.

Tuner in Training
    i understand that the trinary switch is a separate system.

given that, how does the pcm read ac pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by fastd View Post
    i understand that the trinary switch is a separate system.

given that, how does the pcm read ac pressures?

The 2002 Escalade PCM (P01) does not use an input from an A/C Pressure Sensor (like a Camaro or Corvette does), as it was never configured for electric radiator cooling fans.

If the AC system is already built and complete with a trinary switch handling low pressure safety/high pressure safety/fan activation based on high side pressure, leave it as-is. If it has a temp switch (not sensor, non-PCM controlled) for fan activation via coolant temp you can change that over to using the ECT sensor/PCM fairly easily, but doing more than that involves hacking up the AC plumbing to add discrete low side/high side pressure switches or sensors, depending on which factory system was being copied, to replace the single trinary switch.

Tuner in Training
    Can someone share their fan settings for a car that has AC?

Do the enable fan speed and disable fan speed functions work? I have mine set at 0 and 35 - I don't know if my PCM can read vehicle speed.

I do have a trinary switch hooked up already but I disabled the fan trigger when I set up the PCM to control dual fan activation - it was previously controlled by a Dakota Digital control module but I didn't like how that control module worked as much as the PCM triggers. Right now the trinary only controls the AC compressor as it monitors system pressure.