Thread: No license for any tune files I have?

Potential Tuner

No license for any tune files I have?

New to HP Tuners. Had my MPVI3 plugged into my computer and truck and downloaded the stock file. Modified a few things but it won't let me upload to truck. Says I don't have a license for that file. I had 2 credits that I used to license the stock file, or so I thought. How can I fix this?

Potential Tuner
    Screenshot 2022-11-19 194812.png
    Screen shot attached?

I will bet $5 that you read every single module when you did your first read, that includes the PCM, TCM and the FSCM. The fuel pump control module requires a 3rd credit to license. So if you do not wish to license that you should just do another read on your truck but unclick the FSCM.

Click gather information before you click read and it will show all modules. This way in the future you will never have an issue with it saying it's unlicensed and needing another credit.

Take your new file and just copy/paste your changes into that and it should let you write it back.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 11-19-2022 at 07:19 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, yes it did read all the modules. I'll try your suggestion and get back.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much, that was the issue! I will be doing alot more reading up on how this software and hardware works. In the meantime, I'll need your address to send you $5