Thread: P59 scaling to increase advance resolution?

Advanced Tuner

P59 scaling to increase advance resolution?

Can the gen 3 pcm?s be scaled with the double stoich/half ifr method? I?m maxing my timing table.

Double stoich half IFR won’t allow for spark increase… just fuel (which isn’t needed due to large IFR)
    Can extend spark in other ways though

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Care to elaborate? Been a while since I?ve had a gen 3 that needed this.

What are you expecting will happen if you give it different timing at 1.50g/s or whatever compared to what it has in the 1.20g/s row?

(also, scaling like you're talking about decreases resolution (same number of rows but larger step between them so that the table covers a larger range). increasing resolution would only happen if you increased the number of rows and kept the same or decreased the step size)

Advanced Tuner
    I understand it will be fine just maxing the chart out and using the last row, but if i could easily get more control, why not?

Why not? Because airflow scaling is a pain in the ass and creates more headaches than it solves in exchange for essentially zero benefit over letting it just carry out from the last row. And also like I said decreases resolution in the low airmass parts of the table where having fine control really is useful.

Advanced Tuner
    The only application this would be somewhat useful in, would be a BIG boost drag only application... Then still, you probably need to look at an aftermarket ECU.

As already stated, you need all the resolution in the lower cruise areas