Thread: License Problem

Tuner

Question License Problem

I bought a cheap, used laptop just for tuning but when I copied and pasted my last few tunes from my other laptop it says I don't have a license to modify the tune file.

What do I need to do to have permission to change and "Save As" a file?
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Did you plug your MPVI into your computer while you did it, may need to sync.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yes, it was plugged in but said "Polling Failed". I don't know what that means. Why would it fail?
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner
    Ok after jumping through a bunch of hoops-Resyncing, taking the training, Resyncing, updating twice, getting a verification code, adding my device and doing these steps several times I finally got the license info to show on the new(old) laptop. Still when I tried to "Save As" wouldn't work. Shut it down and it asked if I wanted to save and I said Yes so it went to the "Save As" box. After that the "Save As" was available. So now I think I can use it to tune.

Wonder how long before we wont be able to tune at all?

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel 5.7. I ordered the Tomahawk Camshaft for it, and when receiving my MPVI2+ with custom N/A tuning and 2 credits when I went to read my base tune the only option popping up is my ECM there is no TCM or FSCM(which I know I don't need this option), so my question being with my vehicle is everything read just through my ECM then? I figured it is as it is showing the engine, engine diag, Trans, Trans diag, fuel sys, hvac, and speedometer readings.