Thread: How to log Flex Advance P01?

Tuner in Training

How to log Flex Advance P01?

I recently switched my f-body P01 to run the 12216125 os from an 02 Suburban and can't figure out how to log Flex Advance. I read something about a custom PID but I couldn't find anything additional. Does anyone know how to log it in the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune file. It's most likely not fully activated in the correct way. If it was, "Flex Fuel Advance" would be a channel available to you.

Tuner in Training
    What's the correct way to fully activate it?

FT9.1.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by kyotey1693 View Post
    I recently switched my f-body P01 to run the 12216125 os from an 02 Suburban and can't figure out how to log Flex Advance. I read something about a custom PID but I couldn't find anything additional. Does anyone know how to log it in the scanner?
    The flex fuel advance clearly works on my PO1, but I haven't found a way to log it other than the comparison between base advance and spark advance SAE. You can log it easily with a P59, because the PID is there. My high octane spark map is calling for 22.1 degrees and the flex advance is adding the additional spark to make the total 25.8 based on 45% alcohol content. Hope this helps...

flexadvance.jpg
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Advanced Tuner
    All looks good in the tune file. Go to your scanner, and Add Channel > Keyword... Type in "Flex" and see if "Flex Fuel Advance" pops up

I've got a generic Gen 3 Channel List I use, and if they're flex enabled, it always pops up on mine. If not, that channel will go away as a broken link when I start scanning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vardaman View Post
    The flex fuel advance clearly works on my PO1, but I haven't found a way to log it other than the comparison between base advance and spark advance SAE. You can log it easily with a P59, because the PID is there. My high octane spark map is calling for 22.1 degrees and the flex advance is adding the additional spark to make the total 25.8 based on 45% alcohol content. Hope this helps...

flexadvance.jpg
    Thanks man. I agree, mine is working too, I just don't understand why we can't log the PID since it's enabled in the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
    All looks good in the tune file. Go to your scanner, and Add Channel > Keyword... Type in "Flex" and see if "Flex Fuel Advance" pops up

I've got a generic Gen 3 Channel List I use, and if they're flex enabled, it always pops up on mine. If not, that channel will go away as a broken link when I start scanning
    For some reason it doesn't on these. I know someone had a workaround for it but I can't find the info on how to do it. This is all that it shows when I type in flex.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 223254.png

Advanced Tuner
    I guess if you REALLY want to be able to log it, and have a more advanced OS, I would snag an 04 to 07 Express P59 and use it. They were still DBC and have the IAC drivers on the board you need.

Advanced Tuner
    I dont get it either
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi