Thread: DW400 In-Tank Electric Fuel Pump Modules 9-401-7014

DW400 In-Tank Electric Fuel Pump Modules 9-401-7014

Installing this because my pressure drops off to 7-10lbs coming from the tank when running hard.

Im sure the system will slow the pump as needed. But I always prefer optimal results when possible.

What changes should be made to the in take fuel pump tables?

I have an image of those tables from hp tuners they are in completely different units than what Dw provides.

Thanks

So Ive done some playing around an looking at tunes. As well as doing research. It would appear other than telling the ECU/FPCM what pressure we want once it enters closed loop the PWM tables don't seem to affect any of the adjustments. Theres a good Video from GoatRoap Garage on these tables and I followed along with his failed attempt to tune the PWM tables.

I did call DW and there drop in tank unit has a higher Fuel pressure bypass limit. It can be made to work in the return less factory setup. During there testing they found that the stock pump was actually capable of a bit more but the factory pressure relief valve opens early and drops the ability to maintain pressure.

The DW400 is just about the same as the Walbro Hellcat 525 pump running slightly under it in LPH until 100 PSI where it passes it by 5 LPH. I attempted to chop up a stock fuel bucket and install the 525 pump but didn't like the fact that I would be losing the low tank syphoning ability. There was just no way to hook that up. and make it work not that I could find.

Tuner
    What vehicle is this on? I played with a DW400 and it was barely any better than the stock LT4 in tank pump. It wasn’t worth the aggravation. I wish I had went to the Fore Innovations triple in tank pump setup a lot sooner.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
    What vehicle is this on? I played with a DW400 and it was barely any better than the stock LT4 in tank pump. It wasn?t worth the aggravation. I wish I had went to the Fore Innovations triple in tank pump setup a lot sooner.
    Its a 2017 GMC Denali Cammed with 2.9L Whipple

DW did state that the ZL1(LT4) In tank pump for a 2012 Camaro I was working on wasnt to far off from a DW400.
    Last edited by HellKnightHicks; 12-13-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Heres the deal. Those PWM tables are just a starting spot for the FPCM to use. It learns and makes its own corrections. Adjusting those tables just changes the starting point for the commanded PWM. The computer learns and makes corrections very similar the the LTFTs