Thread: Looking for a tune for Ford F150 Fx4 3v 5.4L.

Potential Tuner

Post Looking for a tune for Ford F150 Fx4 3v 5.4L.

Does anyone happen to have a tune for a 2004 Ford F150 FX4 5.4L 3Valve engine that they would be willing to share? I had to put a used engine in it after the timing chain cover finally broke loose last year and clogged up the oil filter going 60mph down the highway. So $3k later I have the truck back running, I had the guy who put my engine in also installed a newer timing chain and tensioner kit with lockouts on it. The truck just doesn't seem to have the power that it should have been a V8. If anyone has anything I surely would appreciate it!

Senior Tuner
    Here you go. Compare then copy/paste.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Thank you so much! Which of the three would be the best to go with in your opnion?

Potential Tuner
    Also, when using the application I have to go through all the sections and compare and do the copy and paste in every section right? Or is the a quicker way of doing this? Thanks again!

Senior Tuner
    There's a quicker way, but copy/paste is more thorough because you have to pay attention. Use the compare feature to note the differences on your stock tune to the stock tune that was posted. Then you'll know what actually needs changed. Pay attention to X- and Y-axes.

The first tune is stock so you can compare to your stock.

Second tune is VVT disabled for the locked out phasers. Disabling VVT is a minimum requirement.

Third is what I'd run. Worth a try. It's up to you if you like it better. It's safe because spark, knock, fueling hasn't been changed. Don't forget to check WOT transmission shifts. WOT shifts are set based on stock dyno graphs.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-23-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried it? Thoughts?

Potential Tuner
    Won?t open

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much! it does work great! I have some spark issues high current even after replacing all the Coil Over plugs.

There's a quicker way, but copy/paste is more thorough because you have to pay attention. Use the compare feature to note the differences on your stock tune to the stock tune that was posted. Then you'll know what actually needs changed. Pay attention to X- and Y-axes.

The first tune is stock so you can compare to your stock.

Second tune is VVT disabled for the locked out phasers. Disabling VVT is a minimum requirement.

Third is what I'd run. Worth a try. It's up to you if you like it better. It's safe because spark, knock, fueling hasn't been changed. Don't forget to check WOT transmission shifts. WOT shifts are set based on stock dyno graphs.

Senior Tuner
    Idk about yours, but on the Escapes sometimes the ECU gets screwed up by bad coils. Had this happen. Changed coils, but issue wasn't resolved until getting a pre-programmed ECU off ebay. ECU's are cheaper than a set of coils (unless you went with the garbage ones).

Best coil:
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...t=7060&jsn=957

Advanced Tuner
    ive also seen coils make pcm fail as well on escapes and fusions, ive pulled the coils out and the body was so melted inside the the spark plug tubes you would swear they were on fire. coil and pcm replacement was necessary.

Tuner in Training
    cant seem to open the attached files, maybe pm me the 3rd tune?

currently newish into tuning. i recently upgraded fuel injectors and edited stock tune to accommodate for the new injectors. the 5.4l is running alot better, smoother, and more efficient. just lookin to learn n see what i can all play with, without messing up the engine.

i'll be doing the +20% oil pump, timing chains and ford performance cam's soon too. so i wanna get learning a little now. I'll definitely need to tune it with new cam's

Senior Tuner
    I see you're not the only one with problems opening the file. Works fine for me. Is it giving you a remote tuning network error or something? It shouldn't be the case because I didn't set it up for that. I've seen that error before opening ppl's tunes, can't explain it.

Re-uploaded just in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by markes12344 View Post
    cant seem to open the attached files, maybe pm me the 3rd tune?

currently newish into tuning. i recently upgraded fuel injectors and edited stock tune to accommodate for the new injectors. the 5.4l is running alot better, smoother, and more efficient. just lookin to learn n see what i can all play with, without messing up the engine.

i'll be doing the +20% oil pump, timing chains and ford performance cam's soon too. so i wanna get learning a little now. I'll definitely need to tune it with new cam's
    on mobile. after checking ''desktop site'' all works. thanx