Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LE5 Crank sensor check

Senior Tuner
    Are you talking about a fitting on the intake tube or on the throttle body? I'm not aware of a vacuum fitting on the throttle body.

Have you ever confirmed fuel pressure?

Senior Tuner
    You really need to take an inventory of everything that you are running that is non stock from the engine that came with your ECM.

Tuner in Training
    well they have the same part # I dont know what ecm either has, Ill have to check that out.the wife had the computer tied up today so I didnt get a chance to do a log, but on the gauge at idle 800 rpms it was 14.3 to 14.8 but when i accelerated it was leaning out pretty fast got to 18 or 19 by2400 rpm then it died. so where would I go from there?

Senior Tuner
    You have to get all of these parts issues resolved first. A part number on a throttle body is just the hardware, it’s not particular to the “program” that is loaded on it. And an ECM number is again the hardware with an Operating System loaded onto it. And these two have to operate together. You can’t tune around parts mismatches.

I’m not going to be much help in tuning this once you get parts straightened out. The only thing I know how to tune is the LNF and it is an oddball ECM and has nothing in common with tuning yours.

If you are only controlling the engine and aren using any other modules from the donor, you might want to consider an aftermarket ECM.

Senior Tuner
    And what are you using for an accelerator pedal?

Tuner in Training
    the one that came with the car, my ecm is e-67, the throttle body is stock for the m-62 s/c, the intake is the stock gm for that s/c, 110# fuel pump regulated by JEGs fuel regulater, and an off road exhaust header. and thats all thats different.

Senior Tuner
    And the original car was a 2007 G6 with LE5 2.4L?

I've tried to dig into the throttle body/ECM question and found this https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/e6...ylinder%20cars. "Computers from non-V8 cars will need to be re-flashed to operate an electronic throttle-body, so expect to add another $90 or so to the cost of your junkyard ECU". But more importantly, based upon what I know, I haven't found anything that says it will work. You might post the question on the GM V8 Gen 4 section and see what they say. That gets a lot more traffic from people with a whole lot more experience than me. And the E67 is a Gen4

Senior Tuner
    Had a chance to look at the last log you posted. The first thing you need to do is find a channel configuration. Find one for an lsj and see if you can match it.

Did you ever touch the gas pedal during this log? it never changed from zero. The throttle settings look funny when it's not running but I don't think you want to use the SAE throttle or accelerator pids for gm. Use the non-generic sensor inputs. You also don't need any B2 pids since you don't have a bank 2.

Tuner in Training
    gave up on it put it back to stock so i could get to the dunes once this year at least. alsso got the s/c and all the stuff to go along with it for sale will post parts and prices later

Senior Tuner
    Hold on to the supercharger, get it running and then go back and add the supercharger. Although you might pay one of the remote ecotec tuners to tune it.