Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LE5 Crank sensor check

Tuner in Training
    first run e67.hpl

this is the only log i got and its from afi that came with the ecm and harness. Iam going to spend the day learning to figure out the maf and fueling

Tuner in Training
    here is the only thing i have that resembles a log, I going to spend the rest of the day trying to learn how to figure my tables. [fuel, maf map]

first run e67.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Connect to the vehicle with key on and engine off and start logging data. Then try and start. It doesn't have to run. Figuring out how to data log needs to be your first step so you can see if everything is connected to supply the correct data that it needs to run.

Do you have a wideband? You aren't going to be able to tune this without one.

Tuner in Training
    no but ill get a wideband tomorrow is there anything special about the wideband that i need to know or a good reference to the 1 i should get? i need to look this up tonight .
    thanks gtstorey

Senior Tuner
    Not the best one to weigh in on Wideband. I have an ecotec LNF that came stock with a wideband. I think one of the AEM are usually the recommended go to. Might read this https://www.dfkitcar.com/forum/index...-sensors.3455/ since you need to get the WB reading into the log. If you aren't running AC, then using the AC pressure sensor wiring is probably the easiest way to do it.

It looks like your injectors are what are supposed to be (maybe) LSJ Stage 2 injectors and your data mostly matches that. You might want to download a stage 2 from the repository and change all of your injector data to match.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha Ill get that done right away, question on the aem wide band they got one that has an interface that goes onto the obd will that one connect with HPT or will i still have to wire it in, looks like it will piggyback our interface?

Tuner in Training
    there is no stage 2 in the repository only stock tunes

Senior Tuner
    Look for a 2006 Cobalt, there are 2.
    or here
    https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php...ck-tunes.2097/

Senior Tuner
    I don't know if your donor vehicle is a CAN vehicle or not. I'm also not sure what all of the options are on the MPVI3 to get the signal in. You should be able to do it with the pro cable though.

Tuner in Training
    i just ordered the aem with the obd interface that works with HP that way we dont have to get any cables, plug and play not cheap but good I hope. back in the shop now so I can get a new log or real one this time

Tuner in Training
    ya know, come to think of it I dont think it did have a intake tube on it,it had a stock throttle body which is maller than what i have now on the s/c that could be the reason why I have to choke it down a little bit to get it to stay runnin. I dont know the size of the stock tube but i will find out

Senior Tuner
    The maf sensor works off the speed of air moving past it. If the diameter of the tube where the maf is located is different, some changes will need to be made to the maf calibration.

Tuner in Training
    well Iam looking at it with a different perspective went out to the dunes yesterday as a co-pilot, hes got a turbo LS-7in his sand car, and the other car is running a coyote engine, and riding with these guys well this was the first time I had to eat a couple of drimane to settle my stomach dam are they fast!!!. also found out that the stock diameter is 2 5/8" not 3, and I found the crank relearn button Iswitched it on but i dont know the procedure or what nots to perform itshould have the wide band tomorrow got the one that goes in-between the obd and the hpt so i wont have to wire it in my log

.23-02-13 13-06-22file 1.hpl
    Last edited by Dunefaber; 02-13-2023 at 05:45 PM. Reason: needed to add to it

Senior Tuner
    If MAF tube was 2 5/8 stock and is now 3" you need to increase the air flow in the maf calibration table by about 30%.

Tuner in Training
    OK and I got the wideband this evening and got the bung welded in alreadyfinish hooking it up monyana.

Tuner in Training
    well bumped up the maf like you said I still need to choke it for about 3 sec then it smooths out and will continue to run, and idle I have to push the peddle slowly for it to accelerate smooth, go to far and it would die. finished hooking up the wideband and the numbers are jumping around Ill try to get that straight tomorrow and bump up the maf again Ill see how that goes

Senior Tuner
    What are you using for a throttle body?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    we cant see what your seeing and it hasn't been brought up yet so make sure your maf isn't installed backwards. They have do a direction and we're all prone to forgetting that on occassion.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I,ve got the GM 12565553 throttle body mine came off of an 07 canyon but its the same as the one on the 2.0 cobalt, got a question on the TB, the vacuum line coming off of it mine is plugged should I get a new stem or leave it plugged? As far as the direction of the maf had my grand son take it off didnt pay attention which direction it was but I reinstalled it correctly. now to see if anything changed.

Senior Tuner
    Throttle bodies get very iffy when you say they are the same if they are DBW. You get into service number types of things that I don't know well enough to say whether a throttle body from a canyon will work with your ECM. There is programming that has to match, and you don't see it in HPT. What I remember from you tune is that you are running an ECM that is from a 2008 Pontiac G6 and it's very possible that won't work with that throttle body. But again, getting beyond my experience.