Thread: 24x swap no fuel no spark

24x swap no fuel no spark

Got my 350 pieced back together. switched crank lo res to 0 and copied over dwell tables from ls1 into my tune. Using my express van tune. I have no spark and no fuel, have verified 12v and ground at coils and injectors. Do I need to start with another base tune? Pretty sure I have cam and crank sensor wired ok.

Do I have to license a LSX tune?? Looking at starting with 02 camaro tune.

Tuner in Training
    Do u get 12v at coils and injectors while cranking ?

I used the original single coil connectors pink wire to grab 12v for the coils. While cranking it drops to like 11v which I would think is plenty.
    I'm using crank sensor 12562910. Which cross references with efis 24x crank sensor but not sure if compatible. Pretty sure I have distributor stabbed in the correct way .

Advanced Tuner
    Find a LS1 or 6.0L tune with the same operating system. Segment swap the Engine and Engine Diagnostic sections. Copy over the 350 VE, Spark, etc. Put the correct injector assignment and firing order into it. Running a 350, injector and coil wires need to be moved to the correct pins on the PCM. Write Entire file.

My bro picked up a 02 Caddillac Ext Awd 6.0 a while back and I have his tune, OS 12212156 . Just checked my original tune file I Licensed (xVan) and mine says 12212156 but has an arrow then says 1283002. Both are P01. Not sure about the 1283002. Is this a good one to license and write entirely? Here is my 350 check it out, I call em...... Frankenstein
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do I go with Speed density enchanced rtt or 1 bar MAF. I think my original tune says maf but I don't use the maf its sd.

So I ended up licensing my bros 02 caddillac 6.0 tune..I removed vats and still does even fire or try to start. I pinned the cam and crank sensors according to the 99-02 schematics for LS1 f Body. Maybe the Cadillac pins em different?. Im using the same cam and crank sensors that were used on 96 02 L31s. Crank sensor is part number 12562910.
    Would it start even if the distributor is not in right? The 4x setup I was running would start even if it was off and then I would set it using the cam offset pid.. I segment swapped engine and engine diagnostics.

Damn I messed up. The Cadillac uses dbw and I'm running dbc. Would this keep it from starting ? Seems like I should have went with the LS1 damn . Man.

Have 12v at coils. No spark. I can smell fuel. I see rpms in the scanner. Not even a sputter. I tried reversing pins on cam and crank sensor but get no data with ls1pinout configuration but with xvan configuration I get data on scanner. Stumped. Cam offset?

Segment swapped the systems section on my dbw escalade tune to an 02 silverado dbc tune with same os. I think I might have a ground issue with my coil packs.

This is what I'm using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Figured it out. Need to redo some of my harness.

Can some one help me out, total noob here. Pulling my hair out. Thought it was a ground issue but same thing no spark. Not sure if I flashed the correct tune either, got a little exited, could someone take a look an see if my issue is the tune or mechanical ?

Can Anyone check out my tune. I got lunch money for someone through paypal .

Runs. Thanks to those who replied. God Bless,

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Runs. Thanks to those who replied. God Bless,
    What was the final solution?
    Working on being HPTuners literate.

- Paul J.

Noticed a wobble while cranking the engine over. I was replacing my timing set while I was down there installing the reluctor, but the Cloyes set I picked up was machined wrong. Would not allow reluctor to sit flush with crank gear and balancer on top of that. That was one issue. Another was my Cadillac tune. Ended up swapping segments with an 02 camaro file and transferred my sd tune onto that. Runs great now, Thank you everyone.