Thread: 2010 llt e69 vats disable?

Potential Tuner

2010 llt e69 vats disable?

Hello all, factory ecm recently had an Internal fault and had to be replaced. The ecm is no longer made by gm and there is no eta on another one. So I purchased a ecm online preprogrammed for my vin and it will not learn the immobilizer learn. Randomly it will say passed and start but once you take the key out for more then 2 minutes it shows the P0633 code under ecm and the security lock. Is there anyway to disable the vats on the e69 Bosch unit?

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately, no.

Senior Tuner
    There have been claims of wiring changes to bypass the vats disable but I’ve never seen anyone post the details.

Advanced Tuner
    In the 1990s, maybe. In those days, VATS was a signal that ran at a certain frequency, but modern day VATS is all done through message exchanges over the CAN bus. During immobilizer (VATS) learn, the ECM and BCM learn each other's unique immobilizer codes. During vehicle start up, each must present the correct set or the engine does not crank and fuel is disabled.

The so-called VATS disable patch modifies the operating system to disregard mismatched immobilizer codes and allow engine start/crank anyway, but this patch doesn't exist for this particular ECM.

Senior Tuner
    The posts are on the GM 4 cylinder section for the E69 as used in the Cobalt Turbos. There are several using them in stand alone versions ecotec swaps. There were hints that they supplied power to the individual components that ECM/BCM normally suppled power to.

Senior Tuner
    And I think that Trifecta Tuning could get around the VATS and RPM Motorsports also had a fix.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank everybody for their response. I guess I will try and fix the issue then. Will try a used same part number ecm and program it with gm software and do a immobilizer learn again and hopefully it works.