Thread: GM Gen 3 PE adding from unknown location

Potential Tuner

Angry GM Gen 3 PE adding from unknown location

Hello all,

I have been racking my brain on this issue. I have a 2007 2500HD Classic with 6.0. When going full throttle, I have a commanded AFR richer than what I thought I had programmed in the PE. AFR of 13.22 should be the richest. I have looked in all the areas I can think of for the added AFR without luck. Can anyone look at my info and possibly see where it is adding and what I need to do to change it. Thanks.

Cat over temp is set to 1.30, likely that.

14.68/1.30 = 11.30.

Just as a side note, 13.2 is pretty damn lean for a full throttle AFR. No sense is running it on the edge when 12.5 is safe and makes great power. It's basically out of fuel injector too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. I noticed the cat over temp settings just after I sent the post. Would you recommend keeping the cat setting the same and adjusting the PE or change the cat setting along with the PE target? I was looking to fatten it up a bit anyway.

You should probably add the Catalyst Temp channel(s) first. Along with downstream O2 volts. And Fuel System Status (shows CL/OL states, much easier to quickly see what's happening instead of watching just EQ Commanded).

Potential Tuner
    Ok I added DS o2 voltages, fuel system 1 and 2 status, but I did not see any cat temp channel so I added cot and I assume it will show on or off. I'll try to get out and run a few logs tomorrow and see what it shows.

Potential Tuner
    It's confirmed that the cot is adding to the AFR. I adjusted the AFR down to 12.5 at full throttle and it seems to run well. The cot still comes on just a lot later.
    I have the last drive log attached.

My question is: Should I keep the cot at 1.30 or can I run it at around 1.20 or so?
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you have no reason to keep COT on, just turn it off. Or run it a tad richer than your commanded AFR. When COT does come on it's pushing that IDC over 100%.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your help. Looks like injectors are in my future. Until then I'll leave it be.