Thread: LSA swap with P2176 code

Potential Tuner

LSA swap with P2176 code

Good Day Everyone,

Looking for some feedback and support to help sort out this P2176.

I have done searches for assistance but it seems more times then not no one posts the solution.

All parts from the engine to the ECU(E67) kit were purchased brand new from the GM dealer.

LSX long block, LSA supercharger kit(came with throttle body), ECU kit came with harness, all sensors and gas pedal. The ECU is supposedly plug and play with a LSA.

This was installed in a gen 2 Camaro. Once the build was completed I cycled the key for the first time to check the fuel system for fuel leaks. I notice the throttle body would click rapidly approx. 6 times.

It instantly displays the P2176 code. If I start the car it runs rough with no gas pedal function. IF I turn the key forward, clear the code then start the car its starts and idles on all cylinders. Once the car is shut off and restarted it runs rough once again until the code is cleared.

I have checked all the common items: All grounds from harness to the vehicle/engine/chassis grounds. I have check power to the idle control motor. it has no power to the idle motor once it runs rough which I believe the ECU is shutting down that. I have checked the TPS. I need to check again as I cannot find my notes from doing this test but seem to check out fine.

I have tried learning the throttle body to pedal with snap-on tool. I have also tried a different gas pedal as I had a new one.

I do not have a wiring diagram for this set up which most likely is my next step.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated....thanks in advance.

Need to post the tune file and a log file before anyone even knows what further questions to ask.

P1516/P2101/P2119/P2176 diag page:
    Document ID 2135475.pdf

Throttle Learn procedure:
    Document ID 1906748.pdf

Potential Tuner
    Thank you.

I will perform those tests along with getting the tune file and a log file.

Potential Tuner
    Just like to give a update to this. As I mentioned above lots of different threads with issues but more times then not there is no solution.

I double checked all the wiring. Used the document blindsquirrel provided. After doing the tests once again pointed to the throttle body assembly. Everything is brand new from GM. With being a fresh build leads you to think more possible of a human error over faulty part.

Anyways, I ordered a new GM throttle body and wouldn't you know the issue is fixed and the car runs well.

Thank you blindsquirrel for the information!!!