Thread: Idle surge our

Potential Tuner

Idle surge our

First time posing in this forum. I am not a tuner myself but trying to see if my tuner got everything. I have a gen4 6.0 with the 6l90 swapped in a square body. We have it running pretty good but after I drive it and stop somewhere and restart it the idle will surge a few times, die and then smooth out. He said the drivers side was adding fuel. Had a couple burnt wires on the drivers side o2 sensor, fixed that and still have the issue. We've done the vvt delete and have the truck norris cam. When I plug in my obd2 the p0010 code still comes up. Is it possible not everything in the vvt was removed?

Could try disabling the O2 sensors and forcing it to open loop, at least as a diagnostic. If the engine is stock it should run just fine open loop, if it runs well then you have a sensor issue, no change it is likely something else. Will get more help here if you post your tune and a log of the problem.

Senior Tuner
    It's likely still just tuning issues maybe still mechanical. Without logs its hard to tell. Are you working with your tuner with this?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It's likely still just tuning issues maybe still mechanical. Without logs its hard to tell. Are you working with your tuner with this?
    I am working with him on it as much as I can. I know very little about tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuner View Post
    Could try disabling the O2 sensors and forcing it to open loop, at least as a diagnostic. If the engine is stock it should run just fine open loop, if it runs well then you have a sensor issue, no change it is likely something else. Will get more help here if you post your tune and a log of the problem.
    so can I just remove them without going into the tune?