Thread: 2017 Mustang ecoboost overboost problem

Potential Tuner

2017 Mustang ecoboost overboost problem

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting on Hptuners forum since i bought and used it for my Z06 C6 Corvette with fairly good results.
    Now a friend of mine came to me with a problem with his Mustang ecoboost that has P0234 DTC on and seems in a recovery mode.
    When he came to my shop we managed to install a scat downpipe and figured that he already had installed a mid straight pipe and a small muffler at the end made by Ragazzon.
    He told me that he bought the car with everything already installed and that p0234 light came on sometimes. Now we went for some cruising and log everything that happened, i also switched off the dtc forcing it with vcm editor.
    When the dtc is on the car doesn't run as it can it's slow and low boost, when i disabled it with vcm editor the car runs fast as it should.
    Can someone please help me? I'm adding the logs and map so you can see what's happening.
    22-11-12 with p0234.hpl22 - 11 - 12 without p0234.hplMustang simo stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Free flowing exhaust has been known to cause overboost codes. There are two things you can do. Run up the overboost detection strategy so as not to be triggered or adjust the wastegate to target lower boost.

Potential Tuner
    I tried to do that stuff but maybe i did wrong do you know where do I have to look up to prevent that dtc to pop up?

Advanced Tuner
    Engine diag->airflow->over boost, these must be set correctly, otherwise the DTC will never clear and you'll be stuck with a permanent code.

I don't recall the exact parameters off the top of my head, but if you look in my thread (Ecoboost dummy check), look at my latest tune and use the over boost settings from that, it will disable over boost but also allow the code to clear.
    Be sure to re-enable the DTC.

Potential Tuner
    I'll go check it and try it on this mustang thanks!!