Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 On3 TT going into OL not ready after extended drive amongst other issues

2017 On3 TT going into OL not ready after extended drive amongst other issues

This newer ford stuff is no joke for sure and props to everyone who fully grasps it all. Mystery setup as in it came to me with no information besides 2017 Coyote with aluminator 9:5:1 setup, New Factory flashed ECU, mcleod clutch, ID1050X, boost a pump, On3 Twins. Car still has IMRC can I just delete in tune and keep physically on car? I've read a few threads but don't see an exact answer. Car doesn't always command power enrichment when I go into WOT. Car drives pretty good besides slight hunting at idle. After about 10 minutes the car will go into OL-Not ready and Fuel Source switches to cold engine/startup (Very end of log). Also seeing heavy knock on the hit at no boost-1.5psi so i just get out of it. I've added some fuel up top since the log but it still knocks every time. The car was totalled car and body shop brought over and will take it back to fix other issues so it does rattle and brakes squeeling...etc. I've had a few PD Coyote cars making 650-800 with no issue but this one has got my number.

TT Coyote Street Drive 6.hpl

ID1050 Rev 4.hpt
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

I can go through your file later but it's highly recommended removing imrc with boost
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by JekylHyde View Post
    This newer ford stuff is no joke for sure and props to everyone who fully grasps it all. Mystery setup as in it came to me with no information besides 2017 Coyote with aluminator 9:5:1 setup, New Factory flashed ECU, mcleod clutch, ID1050X, boost a pump, On3 Twins. Car still has IMRC can I just delete in tune and keep physically on car? I've read a few threads but don't see an exact answer. Car doesn't always command power enrichment when I go into WOT. Car drives pretty good besides slight hunting at idle. After about 10 minutes the car will go into OL-Not ready and Fuel Source switches to cold engine/startup (Very end of log). Also seeing heavy knock on the hit at no boost-1.5psi so i just get out of it. I've added some fuel up top since the log but it still knocks every time. The car was totalled car and body shop brought over and will take it back to fix other issues so it does rattle and brakes squeeling...etc. I've had a few PD Coyote cars making 650-800 with no issue but this one has got my number.

TT Coyote Street Drive 6.hpl

ID1050 Rev 4.hpt
    This usually means injector data is bad of MAF data is bad. From a quick look in file it really look like this is a case. But there is more.

You need a good solid base tune to begin with. Tuned probably 200+ Turbo Coyotes, might help you out but this is not free unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This usually means injector data is bad of MAF data is bad. From a quick look in file it really look like this is a case. But there is more.

You need a good solid base tune to begin with. Tuned probably 200+ Turbo Coyotes, might help you out but this is not free unfortunately.
    I used ID data straight off the website for 1050X what did look over? MAF data is trimmed down on what I used on a coyote making 1289@25 through a TH400 on ID2000. This wont see the same boost so I made a few changes I guess I botched it? Seems to run great cruising besides the issues I stated. I'm all about learning and getting better and knowing the how and why things are going the way they are. Thank you.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

No matter what I do with 02 delay it goes into OL-Ready. Anyone seen this. Still have idle pop and fluctuation as well. Car is driving great and smooth as far as steady state.

TT Coyote Street Drive 9.hplID1050 Rev 7.hpt
    Last edited by JekylHyde; 11-29-2022 at 06:02 PM.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Senior Tuner
    Looks like you have a code for crank position, may want to do a relearn and see if that clears up the issues you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Looks like you have a code for crank position, may want to do a relearn and see if that clears up the issues you are seeing.
    Yes sir Ill do it again. It had said it was successful.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Same thing with crank code gone and now it doesn't even go back to CL it stays OL-not ready . When I go WOT fuel source goes to cold engine/startup. This thing is not making any sense.

TT Coyote Street Drive 11.hpl

ID1050 Rev 7 revised.hpt
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Senior Tuner
    Revert your exhuast gas temp table back to stock you have them set high and the ECU is thinking the exhaust components including the O2 sensors are over heating. an over heated O2 would give bad feedback so its reverting too OL. This is the exhaust component temp model, not a maximum table.

ecm 44557
    ecm 45018 for when Flex fuel is enabled
    Last edited by murfie; 11-30-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Revert your exhuast gas temp table back to stock you have them set high and the ECU is thinking the exhaust components including the O2 sensors are over heating. an over heated O2 would give bad feedback so its reverting too OL. This is the exhaust component temp model, not a maximum table.

ecm 44557
    Yesss sir figured that out earlier today. I took this thing back to mostly stock afterwards and it honestly is like night and day. Dyno tomorrow for some controlled light pulls and see what I can get out of it. Here is log and current tune. I noticed the Drivers side O2 is always leaner than the Passenger EQ1. I have heard some things about IDs doing this on Fords its not a thing I've encountered in the GM side. Should my MAF LB/Min in Scanner be matching closer to my MAF table in editor? I see it got to 62.40 in scanner at 105 and in editor its looking for 48.9 which is pretty big 27% diff. These injectors really over shoot with tiny changes I feel that would put it way into the .67s.

Best.hpl

ID1050 Rev 8 Best.hpt
    Last edited by JekylHyde; 11-30-2022 at 10:18 PM.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Senior Tuner
    JekylHyde FT graph.jpg

I see that its a little lean from 230 to 150 period.

The attached sheet has your current(OLD) compaed to my suggested(NEW) MAF transfer, both period values and airflow values have been modified to fit the range your MAF may be seeing a little better.

JekylHyde MAF.xlsx

JekylHyde MAF old v new.jpg

ecm 44557
    Since when ex temp matters if you have every temp protection off? It's only used for protection, fueling is ECT based...

+2018 EU calibrations have a psychical EGT sensors in GPF pack, very useful with turbo.

Yesss sir figured that out earlier today. I took this thing back to mostly stock afterwards and it honestly is like night and day. Dyno tomorrow for some controlled light pulls and see what I can get out of it. Here is log and current tune. I noticed the Drivers side O2 is always leaner than the Passenger EQ1. I have heard some things about IDs doing this on Fords its not a thing I've encountered in the GM side. Should my MAF LB/Min in Scanner be matching closer to my MAF table in editor? I see it got to 62.40 in scanner at 105 and in editor its looking for 48.9 which is pretty big 27% diff. These injectors really over shoot with tiny changes I feel that would put it way into the .67s.

Best.hpl

ID1050 Rev 8 Best.hpt
    push up clip torque max indicate when tuning sc
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Since when ex temp matters if you have every temp protection off? It's only used for protection, fueling is ECT based...

+2018 EU calibrations have a psychical EGT sensors in GPF pack, very useful with turbo.
    ECM] 44211 - O2 Heater Tip Temperature vs. EGT vs. Duty Cycle: This is the desired output temperature for the 02 sensor based on the EGT and heater duty cycle.
    Its not a protection, Its how O2 sensors work and they need to be in a certain temperature range to provide accurate voltages. Their heaters usually have them at a hotter temperture than the exhaust gas.

ECM] 44211 - O2 Heater Tip Temperature vs. EGT vs. Duty Cycle: This is the desired output temperature for the 02 sensor based on the EGT and heater duty cycle.
    Its not a protection, Its how O2 sensors work and they need to be in a certain temperature range to provide accurate voltages. Their heaters usually have them at a hotter temperture than the exhaust gas.
    So how do you explain this...-18'C what is that? Correction? Not really.

This is still for protection only. This only translates EGT and duty cycle for component protection. Call this o2 sensor inferred temp table.

HEGO/UEGO is factory calibrated. Everything +2015 is using Bosch 4.9 sensor standard. 4.2 which requires open air calibration is no longer used.

Here is dyno and sure enough having some issues. 11.3psi whole time falls on its face each time same spot 4900. Is it because its going off the airload axis? Boost holds till redline and log follows dyno. IMRC getting sucked closed? Valve float? Shit tune?

20221201_163140.jpg

686rwhp 708RWTQ 11.3psi.hpl

ID1050 Rev 8 Best New MAF.hpt
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

*Update. I slow mo video the next run. It was ramping pretty quickly so it looked to keep boost to redline but in fact is dropping from 11 to 7 by end of run. Losing boost some where so I'll look around and see what we got going on. Still looking to see why it's going so high on the air load.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Senior Tuner
    So how do you explain this...-18'C what is that? Correction? Not really.

This is still for protection only. This only translates EGT and duty cycle for component protection. Call this o2 sensor inferred temp table.

HEGO/UEGO is factory calibrated. Everything +2015 is using Bosch 4.9 sensor standard. 4.2 which requires open air calibration is no longer used.
    This is a delta temperature table, showing what temperature the Tip will be above the exhaust gas temp at a given duty cycle.
    IDK why HPT doesn't convert a delta temperature to an absolute temperature scale first and only convert between Rankine and Kelvin for these delta temperature situations. 1* F is not -17*C when its the difference between 100*f vs 101*f.
    If you don't understand, I don't want to clutter up OPs thread explaining things.

Celcius the table should look like this.

Celcius tiptemp.jpg

I'll look over OPs latest log when I get to a computer.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-02-2022 at 02:07 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Here is dyno and sure enough having some issues. 11.3psi whole time falls on its face each time same spot 4900. Is it because its going off the airload axis? Boost holds till redline and log follows dyno. IMRC getting sucked closed? Valve float? Shit tune?

20221201_163140.jpg

686rwhp 708RWTQ 11.3psi.hpl

ID1050 Rev 8 Best New MAF.hpt
    You are going to want to remove the channels with (SAE) and find the equivalent ones with out it. They poll much faster and you will see whats happening much better.
    Air load is directly from the RPM and the value in the MAF transfer. It might look really high from the applied cylair filter being used to reach the target lambda. I was expecting FTs to be a little high -10%, what I wasn't expecting was the 15% lean at idle as it was about that rich before and I didn't think I change that at all and the MAF period and lb/min values are coming out about the same.

This is pretty typical of a turbo coyote, if you can get boost controller to hold MAP stable the torque should flatten out and HP will continue climbing with RPM. Until something in the turbo kit becomes a restriction.

You have some SD modifications to make so that the calculated MAP comes out right as well.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-01-2022 at 09:37 PM.

You are going to want to remove the channels with (SAE) and find the equivalent ones with out it. They poll much faster and you will see whats happening much better.
    Air load is directly from the RPM and the value in the MAF transfer. It might look really high from the applied cylair filter being used to reach the target lambda. I was expecting FTs to be a little high -10%, what I wasn't expecting was the 15% lean at idle as it was about that rich before and I didn't think I change that at all and the MAF period and lb/min values are coming out about the same.

This is pretty typical of a turbo coyote, if you can get boost controller to hold MAP stable the torque should flatten out and HP will continue climbing with RPM. Until something in the turbo kit becomes a restriction.

You have some SD modifications to make so that the calculated MAP comes out right as well.
    Yeah I was confused on the idle trims as well but these injectors haven't been what I was expecting and seen in the GM world with them being IDs. I did pull some DWs out that absolutely hate so it's still in my favor. Should I disable the cylair filter?