Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 On3 TT going into OL not ready after extended drive amongst other issues

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JekylHyde View Post
    Yeah I was confused on the idle trims as well but these injectors haven't been what I was expecting and seen in the GM world with them being IDs. I did pull some DWs out that absolutely hate so it's still in my favor. Should I disable the cylair filter?
    It uses the calculated MAP from SD and throttle body model to filter error out of the direct value from the MAF. I would leave it on and modify the SD so that it can calculate a higher MAP. It helps make when the manifold air is in a steady state(flow in = flow out) more obvious. While tuning you should be doing this with your pedal, holding it in one position for a long time and limit rapid movments as much as possible. Some setups airflow is laminar and can get away with no cylair filter other setups lean on it heavily.

Anticipation uses calculated MAP from SD and Throttle body model to predict dynamic airflow through the manifold. It helps with non steady state conditions when the throttle has just moved rapidly. Tip in/ tip out. This is what the most time OEMs spend calibrating and is the hardest to get right.
    Last edited by murfie; 12-01-2022 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    It uses the calculated MAP from SD and throttle body model to filter error out of the direct value from the MAF. I would leave it on and modify the SD so that it can calculate a higher MAP. It helps make when the manifold air is in a steady state(flow in = flow out) more obvious. While tuning you should be doing this with your pedal, holding it in one position for a long time and limit rapid movments as much as possible. Some setups airflow is laminar and can get away with no cylair filter other setups lean on it heavily.

Anticipation uses calculated MAP from SD and Throttle body model to predict dynamic airflow through the manifold. It helps with non steady state conditions when the throttle has just moved rapidly. Tip in/ tip out. This is what the most time OEMs spend calibrating and is the hardest to get right.
    It's all starting to click more for sure. I appreciate your explanations and help for sure. Car is heading back to body shop then will return to find the boost leak and sort out the rest. I'll update her once she's done. Thanks!