Thread: ltft stuck at -3.9 after 3pin to 5pin maf upgrade/running rich

ltft stuck at -3.9 after 3pin to 5pin maf upgrade/running rich

Could someone advise what would cause this. I replaced my harness and maf as the stock one went out but now i have a new issue while trying to re-tune the c5z06 5pin MAF. I initially got the P0106 so i raised barometric Error MAP Calculated Max +20% and minus -20%. This removed the code but did not stop the ltft from being stuck at -3.9. Car idles and drives fine. WB is showing to be getting in line with the maf but my stft are around 20% rich and I can smell gas. Looks like the system is ignoring the fact that I lowered the high rpm disable to 400 to run off the maf so i could tune the table. Put new 02 sensors in no change. I don't see any leaks anywhere and sprayed starter fluid to see if a leak would detect but nothing which makes me think something else is going on. Any ideas are much appreciated. PCM also updated to a 02 one so i really did not see how i could have been out of range on the maf.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2000Phoenix; 11-28-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The fuel trim cell indicates that its in open loop to me.

You have STFT enabled in open loop. I think this is the cause. Why it's still in open loop? IDK. Have you scanned for codes while its running?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thanks for your reply. I don’t see how the stft would effect the ltft after the engine warms up. I have it running off of the stft in open loop at start up as the temp swings here in Florida can be up to 40 degrees and when i was in SD they WB readings were speratic. Narrow bands fixed that issue and the cells change by very small margin no matter the heat soak and temp swing. Only code before MAF update was the P0101 and the P0106. Could an exhaust leak cause the maf or fuel trim to to act up? I don’t have it set to open loop on the scan you can see the ltft showing after ending warm up but it looks like its running in open loop but the ltft are showing but not enabling.
    Last edited by 2000Phoenix; 11-29-2022 at 04:53 PM.

LTFT stuck at -3.9

Turned off open loop and now it want idle. No codes showing as it only idles for a second. Something is off for sure. MAF barely budge and the EQ error shot way up for a second. im guessing the mass air sensor may have a connection problem as i had to splice the old connector off. I will check the connectors I used for tight fitment and no crimps or bends in the splice area. I would think the engine would run in open loop if the maf goes out that is whats throwing me off on it not holding idle all of a sudden. Any good methods for splicing the wires on old harness to new ones that don't give intermittent issue as im leaning towards a wire issue that's not throwing a code yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2000Phoenix; 11-29-2022 at 07:28 PM.