Thread: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2012 difficulty reading ecu

Potential Tuner

Toyota FJ Cruiser 2012 difficulty reading ecu

Hi There, I have just received my new MPVI3 and would like to use the unit to retrieve and tune one of our Toyota FJ Cruisers. Initially the unit could not retrieve the vin number, a manual input of the vin indicated Toyota.
    After closing and re-opening the program the read feature now detects the vin as an entirely different Vin - i.e vin is detected as HPTTDENS09K9FC120, the actual vin is JTEBU11F00K113825, with an engine number of 1GRA303335D.

Attempting to read the file brings back a drop box with vehicle's to be selected for protocol, of this there are 4 DEN Toyota options, all 4 options have been tried and unfortunately all 4 indicate failure to read file.

Would there be anyone who can assist with this, I understand that there are tuners in Dubai who are successfully tuning the FJ Cruiser's and Ive seen a few people in the forum bring up the tunning of the FJ, and non of the chats seem to have this issue.

This is my first time using the HP Tuners MPVI3 and software, its very likely that its just a user error, any advise to steer me in the correct direction would be truly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tuner
    HPTuners does not support (officially, at the time of this post) any FJ Cruiser. The folks in Dubai are likely using VFTuner or other software.