Thread: Seadoo tune files

Potential Tuner

Seadoo tune files

Hello do you need to be connected to a jetski inorder to download the tune files? I have a mpvi pro that I'm thinking of replacing with a mpvi3 but I want to compare files from a 2017 230 to a 260, because my plan is to turn my 230 into a 260 because part wise the 2017 gtr 230 is a 260 with plasma coated cylinders. Just trying to get some more info before I make the purchase.

Thanks

Tuner
    you need to have tuning credits to download the tune for your model ski, you'll need to be connected to your ski to download the tune file...
    there is nowhere to view or download files for other models.
    some people have uploaded their stock tune file to this forum.. so you'll be able to download those and view them.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks.

I'll probably have to email hp tuners before I make a decision then. I really do want to compare or even use the 260 tune on the 230.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedshadows View Post
    hello do you need to be connected to a jetski inorder to download the tune files? I have a mpvi pro that i'm thinking of replacing with a mpvi3 but i want to compare files from a 2017 230 to a 260, because my plan is to turn my 230 into a 260 because part wise the 2017 gtr 230 is a 260 with plasma coated cylinders. Just trying to get some more info before i make the purchase.

Thanks

just read both jetskis and save files to pc then open on vcm and compare

Potential Tuner
    I dont have or know anyone with a 260 atm. I do have a rxpx 300 but the 2017 gtr 230 isn't a derated 300 so they have different Injectors (1530 230s are derated 260s and 1630 230s are derated 300s). I will compare ignition between the 300 and 230 because once I put the 255 cam I have in it they will be the same part number for cams. (255/260 and early 300s all have the same cam)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    just read both jetskis and save files to pc then open on vcm and compare
    Do you read them on bench or how do you read them. I thought Seadoo was a virtual read.

Potential Tuner
    That was my understanding as well which is why I was gonna ask hp tuners to send me a 260 file if I decide to ether buy a mvpi3 or wait to see if they offer a upgrade from the mpvi pro I have. I remember seeing a mention about offering upgrades in January but we shall see