Thread: Needing help tuning stock L33

Potential Tuner

Needing help tuning stock L33

Hi guys Im new here and to tuning. Ive got an L33 pulled from a 07 silverado classic ans swapped into a 98 Jeep XJ. Im working with a buddy remotely to get this thing running good back and forth via email with logs and tunes. It will start and run no problem, idles great. Im doing as much as i can with the stock narrowbands for now. Ever since the first startup it has ran very weird, like i said before idle is great but it smells very rich on the first test drive it had absolutely 0 power and would pop back through the intake. i did some logging and tweaked the main VE table and it got way better. after that i did some logging and tweaking to the maf table. It runs way better now but it still smells really rich and just doesnt seem to have the guts it should and on a cold start it drags really bad before it fires off. I did use 4" tubing and an open air cone filter for the intake so im not sure if im having airflow issues or fuel issues. during the swap i did go from the original DBW to DBC and im running a P59 ecm from an 05 express van with 12592618 OS for the iac drivers and stuff. Im just wondering if someone can look through the current tune and maybe point me in the right direction on what i need to be logging and a direction to head. Im not looking for a hand out just some advice to get me going in the right direction. Im attaching my current running file and the stock 07 Silverado file just for reference. Thanks In Advance Guys

2007 Silverado 5.3 STOCK L33.hpt
    1998_XJ_LS_running_tune.hpt

Fuel system description? Fuel pump? Pressure regulator type? Rail pressure measured with a mechanical gauge is...? Has complete exhaust system, no open dumps?

Potential Tuner
    retunless style with an intank 255lph pump and the vette filter/regulator. on the rail at idle its right about 61 lbs and for the exhaust it headers that are 1 7/8" tubes to 2.5" collector and they Y together besides the trans and then 3" run striaght back about 4 foot to a 2 chamber flowmaster knock off and then dumped from there. sorry for not putting all that the first go round!

You changed the GMT610 file's platform type to GMT800? Shouldn't have done that. Would've been much better off simply keeping the Silverado V8 OS and changing ETC = 1 to ETC = 0 in System Options, as long as the PCM has the IAC drivers in it.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah my buddy did that as that's all we knew. The silverado pcm did not have the iac drivers though

Potential Tuner
    Is it possible to change the operating system on my current pcm? Or is that pointless now

Why did it need to have the platform type setting changed? Why can't it be put back to what it's supposed to be, and make the changes needed to the GMT610's system options?