Thread: Hard Starting Gen 3 2000 Silverado

Potential Tuner

Hard Starting Gen 3 2000 Silverado

I have a 2000 Silverado that I?m having an intermittent hard start issue with. It?s got a built motor, which is a 5.3 bored 0.030 over, bigger cam, ported heads, higher compression, etc. When problem does arise, truck will turn over and over and never fire, regardless if duration is .5 seconds or 10 seconds, yet when you stop and try again she fires RIGHT up. It seems to happen both cold and hot, however it SEEMS to happen more often when hot. I?m still a noobie with hptuners and I?m learning as I go, but I?ll post some logs I?ve taken when the issue arises. Oh and btw, fuel pump is brand new, fuel pressure regulator is through a corvette filter (gauge I installed shows perfect pressure), all sensors are new and I did a case relearn upon changing the cam/crank sensors. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Senior Tuner
    This sounds like it might not be holding fuel pressure when you try to crank it. Have you put a gauge on it to verify?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner

Logs of these issues

I've attached logs of these hard starting issues! One of them is cold, one is hot (based on ECT). One of them I continued to log through the 2nd attempt and firing in case it would help compare numbers. Any consideration or advice is greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Yessir, I plumbed one into the fuel line just for this reason! Had to verify