Thread: Electronic Throttle Max Rotation 102%

Potential Tuner

Electronic Throttle Max Rotation 102%

Hi everyone,

There is little to no information to increasing "Max Rotation" to 105%. Someone has had to try this. My 102 opens to maybe 86 degrees when I command and 100% but I know it's not opening all the way to 90degrees max, there is still a couple degrees it can rotate. I know this because I stuck a camera in my intake tube and marked max open with a Sharpie and then put the car in accessorie mode and pressed the gas pedal to accuate the blade. It could still open more.

I'm willing to try 102% just want to know who else has tried this and did UT command the TB to go fill 90degrees.

Thanks.Screenshot_20221130-210737_MoView.jpgAttachment 126346
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LS3SS; 11-30-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Did you attempt a TPS learn?

The 86% max TPS thing is because you're looking at it with the '(SAE)' channel. Use the non-generic PIDs for GM electronic throttle stuff.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The 86% max TPS thing is because you're looking at it with the '(SAE)' channel. Use the non-generic PIDs for GM electronic throttle stuff.
    Hey thanks responding. I command 100% and I'm getting full throttle. But in reality it's only 89degress, I didn't say 89%. Everyone gets 89degrees at full throttle. I want the throttle blade to bottom out when opening. I decided to change max rotation in Hp Tuners to 102% and it wouldn't save so I have my answer, I know there a little more it can go but that's normal. Oh well. I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten the Electronic Throttle body to open the full 90degrees.

if you run the throttle body upside down it will be at 91 degrees

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    if you run the throttle body upside down it will be at 91 degrees

�� Technically yes.

Advanced Tuner
    What is the degrees-of-rotation window where the blade itself stops being a restriction and the blade shaft starts being a restriction?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    What is the degrees-of-rotation window where the blade itself stops being a restriction and the blade shaft starts being a restriction?

Full 90degress..you test this your-self with intake tube off. Mark the blade at full open then, put the car in accessorie mode then have someone press the gas pedal I guarantee your TB will not go full 90 or to the mark you made. Try it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Sorry I don't know that. For me it's the angle of the blade and the air entering into the intake, full 90 will help feed the first cylinder, as the trumpet the air enters is right by the TB blade.