Thread: tune check please random knock at cruising

Tuner in Training

Post tune check please random knock at cruising

Hello so about a year ago I installed a tsp stage 2 cam (229/244 .629″/615″ 112 LSA, 109 ICL) with supporting mods rotofab CAI, and headers in my 2012 caprice ppv knowing nothing about tuning at all and I have came a pretty far way, but definitely still have a lot to learn. I recently decided to redo my airflow tables and make them smoother and boy did it make a difference! There is a few things I am curious about. The issues I'm currently having is for one thing around 1600 to 1800 a lean spike on the ve table I gave up on making it smooth and gave it the ridge, still little lean in this area and there's still a few dips I need to smooth out overall though I have definitely seen and made worse ve tables.

issue 2 is random knock at cruising I have not been able to trouble shoot but the same knock is there on e85 and 93 so I'm pretty sure its fake knock but im not sure. still have a little bit at lower rpm wot sometimes.

issue 3 is when cruising and then going WOT it hangs and has no power before it starts to pull even after downshift before I redid my airflow tables it would pull immediately I'm kind of wondering if it has something to do with the torque tables? Delivered torque is higher than commanded and I think its pulling timing as the spark timing is going zero or negative and then ramps up. I tried disabling burst knock to see if it helps but I don't believe it did, this I might not have done this correctly, please let me know. also if someone has a good link to a torque tables writeup for gen 4 let me know some people say it matters other don't it seems to make a difference on shifting or sure though.

and of course if I'm an idiot and you don't know why I put a setting the way I did please let me know or just general things I can do to improve my tune I'm self taught from goat rope garage and lurking around on here everyone has different opinions on what's best and that's part of the fun is reading different things and deciding what's best for you.

current tune notes ltfts are turned off and I believe I have burst KR off but I'm not sure and for the log ignore maf low and high on log, that is for the wife's trailblazer ss and the wideband is not hooked up at the moment I need to weld a bung in but for now I have been removing the o2 sensor for the time being. I have also attached an as found stock file.

Thank you in advance

tune check.hptremoved burst kr test.hplcaprice ppv stock.hpt

Have you try to change the spark plugs?

Bad Engine Mounts or Exhaust Vibration could read false knock too
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com