Thread: 2008 Silverado timing reduction

Tuner in Training

2008 Silverado timing reduction

I have an 08 Silverado 5.3 4l60e that I tuned similar to a bunch of other similar vehicles. I turned off all torque management other than shift. When I go wide open throttle in 1st gear it will randomly go to zero degrees of timing. Happens between 2500 and 4000 rpm. May or may not have a couple degrees of knock retard when it happens. Never does it at the same time as a burst knock event.

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune file, and a log. It's going to be some sort of torque management request most likely. The 07-08 trucks seem to be annoyingly picky with TM issues

Tuner in Training

tune and log

here is the current tune and a short log file that shows the dip around 2700 rpm at wot near the end of the log.

i don't remember for sure if i had stabilitrak off during this log, but i've turned off traction control and stabilitrak with the button on the dash and its still acts the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Looks like i missed a bunch of torque limits. Guess i wasn't paying attentin the first time through. I didn't have a gen iv 4l60 file so i was boucing between compares. i'll reflash and try again

Advanced Tuner
    Do you want me to modify the above file for you and re-post, or you got it?

Tuner in Training
    I think I got it. I?ll try it and post the new one

Advanced Tuner
    10-4 just lemme know if I can help