Thread: HELP!! Vehicle starts running +%30 rich with 97 degree IAT

Potential Tuner

HELP!! Vehicle starts running +%30 rich with 97 degree IAT

E67 SD has been running the SAME TUNE for over one year. No changes have been made. Recently, the vehicle runs perfect until about a 97 degree IAT temp is reached. This is usually about 30 minutes into a drive. It will bounce between running crazy rich +%30 and perfect operation intermittently. The O2 sensors are getting a real workout and they keep it running. Barely
    I have gone as far as disabling all open loop corrections and running open loop full time. I have also put a new E67 computer in thinking it was sure to correct the problem. And same deal. Does anyone have experience with this crazy condition? Im tapped out. Thank you to all.
    -Kyle

This would be really hard to diagnose even if you had bothered to post a tune file and a log, and most definitely impossible to diagnose without them. Nobody even knows what this E67 is from, what year/make/model OS it's using, and what it's installed in now and with what equipment.

Potential Tuner
    I would normally agree. But feel the tune file or log is unnecessary in this case. The facts are very simple and.starightforward after weeks of studying this. And would rather be spared from the critiquing. This is a factory 2007 TBSS. Fueling goes off randomly and bounces back and forth +%30-+%50 in both closed and open loop once the IAT temp of 97 degrees has been reached. This is unrelated to IVT. I have never seen anything like it in tuning around 100 different vehicles in my experience. I have near identical tuning in two other near identical vehicles. This tune ran perfect for over a full year and then the issue started happening one random day. Something is amiss outside of the tune. I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mtkkyle; 12-05-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtkkyle View Post
    I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. Thank you.
    Post a log of the issue happening. I will assume(rightly or wrongly) you know which relevant parameters to include in the log since you have tuned around 100 different vehicles. Please make sure the log is not taken directly after a re-flash, maybe 1 or 2 starts since a re-flash.
    Also, please post the tune that was used in the log you choose to post.

Hopefully my guidance will aid you in your quest to solve this current issue you have. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    If the problem is isolated to this one vehicle, I'd check for a bad or out of tolerance sensor that is temperature sensitive. Any DTCs?