Thread: Previously purchased licenses

Potential Tuner

Previously purchased licenses

2 things I?m having some issue finding answers for.

1. A friend purchased credits to tune his Malibu with hp tuners? he?s asking me to make adjustments. Can we tune without buying new credits? I didn?t tune it originally.

2. I purchased credits and they show on my account but I can?t find a way to apply them to a new job. I end up having to buy new credits each time when I already have 6 purchased.

Any help would be great. If this isn?t the place, please point me to the place for help. I can?t seem to reach anyone with hp tuners for help.

Potential Tuner
    Not sure why it?s changing apostrophes to question marks? I?m not a bot

Senior Tuner
    The credits are locked to the vin and the hpt device. You can tune using his device or use new credits to use your device.

It should prompt to apply credits when writing the calibration for the first time.

Potential Tuner
    If a person has for example 6 credits purchased and only requires 2, can these be used universally as required or do credits need to be purchased and used for each vehicle as they are required. I want to buy enough credits to do 3 separate vehicles. Im assuming the credits are only used as required and the remainder will stay in your account for when needed down the road on another vehicle?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Assuming you have an MPVI2 or MPVI3 the credits are universal and can be used on any vehicle on our supported vehicle list unless otherwise noted.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"