Thread: Need advice for going to dealership

Tuner in Training

Need advice for going to dealership

I recently purchased a 2018 Mustang GT. Pretty sure the car came with the tune but I don't have the handheld. What do I ask for at the dealership to get a stock file for my specific car? Is that something a Ford dealership can do? Basically want to stock file that came with my car so I can compare it with the tune that's in there.

My 2 cents....

I would search for a stock 2018 file from here. I highly doubt a dealership will be able to provide you a file or even know what you're talking about, at most they would reflash your car then you could read it/save etc. but not much different than just finding one from here at that point.

I would help, but all I have is a 2020 A10 PP1 file. it would be close, with some subtle differences.

this link has a A10 without active exhaust, but the only difference there is one tab.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...active-exhaust

Senior Tuner
    There is also the chance it was tuned with something other than HPT. If that is the case there may be differences between stock and your current tune that you won't be able to see.