Thread: Hello All, First post 2013 Duramax 2013 TCM, tryting to use an T87 TCM possible?

Potential Tuner

Hello All, First post 2013 Duramax 2013 TCM, tryting to use an T87 TCM possible?

Hello All, this is my first post
    as you know the TCM for 2009-early 2015 Duramax is world wide out of stock. My truck has been down for 3 months. I have the allison A50 trans in my truck and uses a T14 TCM the late 2015 to 2016 Duramax uses the same tranny but uses a T87/T87A TCM so i had the idea to make a jumper harness from my truck to the later model TCM. following all the schematics all the wires cross over fine except 1 its the "replicated TOS signal" it appears that this is not used in the late 2015-2016 truck. and my spedo does not work either with the new ecu installed. it also wont shift properly as it ecu is looking for this signal to calculate shift points

has anyone attempted this?

does a T87/T87A tcm have a "replicated TOS output pin"? i looked through various applications that use this TCM like Camaro, corvette and some Cadillac's or are there other suggestions?

I know that the E92 ECU used in say a truck or SUV with the gas engine has this output from the ECU on the X2 connector.

Potential Tuner
    I'm curious if you ever got this to work? Been tossing this around for the next bad TCM I see.