Thread: Frost tune

Frost tune

can someone please look this over this is wonderful Frost tune I got back after waiting a month for it
    The build is a 2006 LS2 with a magnuson mp112 supercharger the throttle body is stock as is the maf, the heads are cnc ported 243's and the are bolted onto stock head gaskets. It has a flowtech induction cam that is 228/240 @.50" with a Lobe Separation of 116 and a Centerline recommendation of 113. The fuel system is stock with a boost a pump wired in the injectors are Siemens Deka 60lb High Impedance Fuel Injectors. Exhuast is JBA Shorty headers and catless mid pipes with a H pipe and Pypes mufflers. The transmission is an RPM built stage 6 4L65E with a 3000rpm FTI Performance SRL-3 Series Billet Triple Clutch Torque Converter. The rear gear ratio is 3:46. If you have any other questions please ask I really do want to learn.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chuck Finley; 12-05-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like a fine tune for a stock vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Still some gains to be had in that file even for a stock car.

Senior Tuner
    I think he has a supercharger on an 06 GTO based upon some of his other post.

Advanced Tuner
    With zero details provided in the original post how is anyone supposed to know what the tune is for? Not everyone is going to look through every past post someone made. That said, now that we know some more details I would not run the posted tune...

Was the original tuner aware of the mods? Can't imagine they were... Give them a proper build sheet and see if they are willing to provide a revised file.

Nobody knows what a "60psi" injector is or could be. Please post the brand name and exact part number of your injectors along with the type of fuel system you have installed.
    What MAP sensor is installed? Provide the part number.
    Last edited by eXo3901; 12-05-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Senior Tuner
    getting a mail order tune for those mods is just dumb.

Advanced Tuner
    The "Tuner" should be more than capable of handling this setup remotely. You do not need to send anything else back to them other than an email with the file you posted in this thread and a reminder of the build details. If they recently said F it, that is unfortunate you had to be the one to deal with it. Me speaking for them does nothing for anyone though. That is all in the past, so moving on to current issues...

Two quick things:
    -Do you have the proper injector data for those 60lb'ers?
    -You need a 2 bar MAP sensor if you plan to tune this thing properly. ACDelco 19418810 is a 2bar sensor that does not require a negative offset, which is subjectively required since the E40 cannot use a negative offset. Buy this sensor from Rockauto for $50 or summit for $70. Just make sure it's a real GM sensor. After you buy and install this sensor you will need to convert your tune file to a 2bar OS. You must follow the HPT process for converting to the 2bar OS 100%. It should be outlined in the help docs and the software will also display some prompts/warnings when you click the option to convert.

I don't have any data for those injectors I was just told over on the ls1gto.com that those are a common injector to run. And I just ordered 2 bar sensor I didn't know I needed that the magnuson instructions I have said to just use the original.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you please repost the build details you deleted. If you want help from others (and you will because I am not sure I can help with everything) they will need that information.

You may be better off purchasing injectors that come with real data, such as Injector Dynamics. I started with 60s also, they were fine for my needs but I have since installed ID. We can work with what you have for now. Info on the Ls1 site is dated, I pop on there from time to time. Lots of nothing now except for off-topic. Most of the people worth listening to over there sold their GTOs years ago anyway haha.

Magnussen instructions assume the install is going on an otherwise stock vehicle. I have not seen a magnussen file for a GTO but I presume it is a MAF only tune, in that case yes, the stock sensor is usable. But you have no real way to control fueling in boost and if you are running anything over about 8psi, you will be hitting the airflow limit of this computer which further complicates the fueling control. That is why you will need the 2bar OS as it adds a Boost VE table and Boost PE table.

*edit* My comment about the airflow limit was not exactly correct. You will certainly hit the Hz limit of the MAF but a larger MAF tube and a LS3 style blade MAF could help skirt the Hz limit of the MAF temporarily. After that, you will likely hit the airflow limit of the computer which could require scaling the entire tune. 100% speed density avoids this limit to a point, I think. 2bar OS is required in either scenario anyways though.
    Last edited by eXo3901; 12-05-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Crap! How the hell did I do that?

The build is a 2006 LS2 with a magnuson mp112 supercharger the throttle body is stock as is the maf, the heads are cnc ported 243's and the are bolted onto stock head gaskets. It has a flowtech induction cam that is 228/240 @.50" with a Lobe Separation of 116 and a Centerline recommendation of 113. The fuel system is stock with a boost a pump wired in the injectors are Siemens Deka 60lb High Impedance Fuel Injectors. Exhuast is JBA Shorty headers and catless mid pipes with a H pipe and Pypes mufflers. The transmission is an RPM built stage 6 4L65E with a 3000rpm FTI Performance SRL-3 Series Billet Triple Clutch Torque Converter. The rear gear ratio is 3:46. If you have any other questions please ask I really do want to learn.