Thread: 6.0 tune review and a few questions

Potential Tuner

6.0 tune review and a few questions

I've been having a lot of fun messing around with this program for the last month or so. Here are a couple of tunes I've modified. Does anyone care to review/critique them? Stock 2005 F350 with exhaust.

I'm new at this. Still don't really understand a lot of the parameters, so I'm making small adjustments. I'm still not really understanding inferred map, map transfer function, and ebp transfer function. Also torque tables... pretty much just shooting from the hip on those.

My "stage I" is mostly all in the FICM. it woke the truck up nicely

my "stage II" I added fuel and made a lot more adjustments. Definite power increase, I'd say it makes more power than the SCT canned tunes.

Looking to keep the truck driving nicely without harsh shifts or on/off switch pedal, but also would like to get the most power I can out of it safely without lifting the heads. If anyone wants to take a look I would appreciate it, let me know what is left on the table for a stock truck, and what changes should be made. I'd love to be educated as well. I've read every thread pertaining to 6.0 tuning on this form and that is about the extent of my knowledge.

Bob Stage 1.hpt

Bob Stage 2.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Hey BOB. Im also getting into the HP Tuner for my Ford 6.0. Done plenty of gassers over the years but want to tweak my 6.0.

Is yours modified or stock?

Mine is completely stock, 140k miles, never abused, cylinder cont test was perfect, not bullet proofed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cukali View Post
    Hey BOB. Im also getting into the HP Tuner for my Ford 6.0. Done plenty of gassers over the years but want to tweak my 6.0.

Mine is completely stock, 140k miles, never abused, cylinder cont test was perfect, not bullet proofed.

I need to find someone who knows this software and the 6.0. Mine's slightly modded ( 175/30 injectors, DIY PMax turbo, full billet trans, MRBP 4" exhaust etc...) . Running into troubles at higher output levels like I did with some of the "custom" SCT tune files - certain conditions cause the trans to go into neutral until the ignition key is cycled.

Thanks
    --
    RadioAD5GB

2006 6.0 F-250 FX4
    Studded, deleted
    WDI Premium 175/30s
    KC DIY Stage II turbocharger
    DIY full billet trans with many mods and enhancements
    Precision Industries 1600 RPM stall converter
    IPR remote oil cooler and coolant filtration system
    4" MBRP with "Quiet Tone" muffler.
    FASS Titanium 125G

Post your stock tune

Banned
    whos custom tunes were you running?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cukali View Post

Mine is Stock also, just running 4” exhaust. I’m in the same exact boat as you. I really like the idea of using ficm tuning with the HP tuner instead of spoofing the ICP to get the desired results. So far I’ve made a few more revisions since these and am liking the results. Smooth linear power and no smoke. No clue how much power it is making, but based off what I have read it should be pretty close to emptying the injectors on the top end.

Potential Tuner
    COULD YOU show your logs to this setting?
    Чип-тюнинг Украина Днепр HTTPS://ECM.IN.UA