Thread: Tuning a 2017 Focus ST

Potential Tuner

Tuning a 2017 Focus ST

Hey guys, new to the forum and HPtuning community and was wondering if anyone has some time to go over a log file and tune for a 2017 focus st? Just had the car on the dyno on saturday making 235whp and 335wtq with a kind of thrown together tune and wanted to get some professional advice/tips if anyone has any! Thank you in advance.

best power 12.03.hpl

tune 12.03.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Hello and welcome to the community. Looks like your using all available puff from your turbo for sure. I don't know exactly at what point charge temps become dangerous but I do know that I run into issues when I exceed 125*. That said, it doesn't look like your picking up any knock so other than just leaving some power on the table id say your ok for whatever fuel your running. Investing in an intercooler would help a lot I think. If it were mine, I would limit the power band back closer to 6500 and focus on midrange power. the 3k-5.5k range. The wastegate is already maxed at 6K so after that I start to wonder what your exhaust temps and backpressure is like. Seem your using requested or driver demand tq as the limiter as the lspi or combustion stability limiter doesn't show. Post your stock file if you would like a table by table critique.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the response! i kind of figured i was running out of turbo and was going to tune it back down to mess with timing/spark etc. Also yes i have removed/raised almost all torque limits and believe i have optimum power/driver demand as the limit. I'll post my stock file as well but thank you for the useful information, this is my first time tuning with HPT and an ecoboost and any info is greatly appreciated!

focus st stock file 10.3.22.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see anything wildly out of place. Of course the LSPI tables are set to a place this turbo can neve reach so after the tuning is done I'd bring these back into a sane level. The turbo being maxed so early on tells me that we probably need to lower the torque requests some and look for power else where such as timing and lambda ratio. The potential for back pressure to limit your out put is high I would say. Time for bigger turbo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    What other mods are there? (Intake, exhaust, downpipe, etc)