Thread: at my wits end and need idle help

Tuner in Training

at my wits end and need idle help

hopefully someone can give me a hand here. i have a 2007 avalanche that i swapped in a l92 6.2 with a truck norris cam and a 7875 turbo. i installed a 2 bar OS, but my issue started before that. any ways, im having an issue with my idle when i come to a complete stop. it starts surging and wants to die the second i come to a complete stop. i can slow down and idle along for ever just fine, but the second i come to a complete stop, it starts acting up. im very new to tuning an efi in general. im attaching my tune and a log. you can see the issue right at the end. hopefully i have enough info and parameters being logged for someone to help. this is my daily driver and i really need to get it figured out. it runs great other than that.
    i know time is money and if i need to, i will pay someone to help resolve this issue. i cant afford a full remote tune, but im willing to pay for someone's time if thats what it comes down to.
    thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have no idea which injectors you used, but even without knowing that I can tell you that the injector data is wrong - because the IFR table is flat, but offset table is sloped. Fix injector data first.

Tuner in Training
    They are factory 52lb injectors. I converted to a return style fuel system with a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

Is 'factory 52lb injectors' another way of saying 12598646?

Senior Tuner
    That's not a lot of injector for a build like that.

Injector data will make a huge difference specifically where you are having that issue. Other than that being rich in decel will cause that sort of problem.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Is 'factory 52lb injectors' another way of saying 12598646?
    Yes. Those are the injectors I'm using.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    That's not a lot of injector for a build like that.
    Injector data will make a huge difference specifically where you are having that issue. Other than that being rich in decel will cause that sort of problem.
    I'm not trying to set the world on fire. Just wanted a fun daily driver.
    I used all the factory injector data, so it should all be correct
    I'm working on tuning Ve, so I have dfco turned off. I can turn it back on and see if that clears it up.

Senior Tuner
    What the squirrel is saying is if the IFR is flat as it should be with a vacc referenced reg, then the offset table should be flat too.

And if you'd used factory data for the 12598646s then you'd have the IFR at 53lb @ 58psi base, not 56 (they don't flow 56lb until ~68psi rail pressure). And used only the 408kPa column in the Offset vs Press vs IGNV table, and pasted into every single column in yours. You also didn't copy over the Short Pulse Adder. Or Min Injector Pulse. And Offset vs Inj Temp was zeroed out. Literally none of the injector data matched data from a stock file.

screenshot.08-12-2022 05.22.41.png

2bar patch adj and maf - real actual 12598646 data this time 58psi referenced.hpt
    (data taken from 2012 Camaro ZL1)

disclaimer: I did not look at literally anything in your file other than injector data.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    And if you'd used factory data for the 12598646s then you'd have the IFR at 53lb @ 58psi base, not 56 (they don't flow 56lb until ~68psi rail pressure). And used only the 408kPa column in the Offset vs Press vs IGNV table, and pasted into every single column in yours. You also didn't copy over the Short Pulse Adder. Or Min Injector Pulse. And Offset vs Inj Temp was zeroed out. Literally none of the injector data matched data from a stock file.

screenshot.08-12-2022 05.22.41.png

2bar patch adj and maf - real actual 12598646 data this time 58psi referenced.hpt
    (data taken from 2012 Camaro ZL1)

disclaimer: I did not look at literally anything in your file other than injector data.
    Thank you. I never touched any of that data. I paid another tuner for this tune when It was still running my 5.3 last year. I assumed it was all correct because it was running good.
    I will go through and do a compare to correct that. I'm just learning, so I appreciate the input

Tuner in Training
    i believe i corrected all the injector data. ill try and get out for a drive today. we had almost 2 feet of snow fall over the last two days, but hopefully the plows have had a chance to clear the roads. i really appreciate your input. im using the tuning school books along with knowledge from this forum to get this truck dialed in and its running reaaly good other than this surge, but theres a pretty steep learning curve. thank you again.
    Attached Files Attached Files