Thread: Setup for MAF Tuning and Scaling

Tuner in Training

Setup for MAF Tuning and Scaling

Trying to setup for MAF Tuning and Scaling and the research I found has me lost on what changes I need to make in the ( Engine, Fuel, Qxy Sensors, 02 Readiness ???) section. Also if you look at the E--Force provided tune required no changes to Engine, Airflow, Dynamic Airflow section.
    Below is a list of of changes needed to tune MAF I researched.

Settings needed to tune MAF

Engine, Fuel, Cutoff DFCO> Disable
    Enable RPM 1300>change to>8100
    Disable RPM 1200>change to>8099

Engine, Fuel, Temp Cont
    COT Disable

Engine, Fuel, Qxy Sennsors
    02 Readiness ???

Engine, Airflow, Dynamic Airflow
    High RPM Diable 100rpm > Settings from E-Force provided tune, no changes!
    High RPM Re-enable 90rpm > Settings from E-Force provided tune, no changes!

Spark, Advance
    Subtract -5 Base
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't remove timing globally for MAF tuning, and you can do them both simultaneously. Attached are the 2 histos I use for both MAF and VVE, along with all the channels for my 2011 E38. Just make sure you disable LTFT and it should work fine for you. The filters should take out PE as well, so don't worry about disabling PE.

Just take the result, copy, and right click and select "multiply by percent minus half". MAF should go quick, will take a few more rinse and repeats for VVE.

MAF STFT AVG FILTERED.Table.xml
    2022 GMVE MAT.Table.xml
    2022 GMVE MAT.Channels.xml
    Hawk

Tuner in Training
    HawkZ28, thanks for sharing will give it a try. I just finished a test log on the WB install if anyone is interested to view before I start on the MAF.
    thanks KC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which wideband? AEM? I will upload the WB MAF version for WB error and PE when I get back ony laptop- hope to help you or somebody else in the future.

Also, my histos came from a great thread on here- search for "Simultaneously Tune MAF and VVE". We're fortunate to have a lot of the pros and enthusiasts we have working these things out and dumbing it down for us mere mortals.

Here's the thread I was referencing:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4

Also, here's what I use for my AEM 30-0334. I prefer to tune part throttle with STFT since they'll be in control, and NBO2's are more accurate at lambda than the WBO2. You can play with the filters on all of the histos to filter out or in PE, throttle percentage, etc.

2022 GMVE MAT GRAPHS WB ERROR STFT BOOST.Graphs.xml
    Hawk

Tuner in Training
    I installed the AEM 30-0334 and I have a MPVI Pro from years ago when I had a c5 z06 and decide not to upgrade. I am using a dedicated laptop instead of the pro feature. I had been holding off on learning and finally decided to dedicate some time to unwind from having to rebuild my home from hurricane IDA. I will say it is a steep learning curve, some basic functions are easy. When I have time from working on the house I will start off with MAF and post back.
    Thanks again KC