Thread: Tune File Write Issue

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Tune File Write Issue

I have a cammed/FBO 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (GEN V LT4) that we're in the process of tuning. It has been perfectly fine with NO issues and I have been going back and forth with my tuner doing datalogs and receiving revisions.

Equipment: I'm using the latest version of VCM Suite and the new MPVi3 device.

Yesterday, I went to a gas station and loaded the most recent revision on the car that only had a small tweak to the airflow table. As I was doing this the TDN app gave me an error that the server was unreachable and the device was sync'd. I tried it again and it went through and flashed the car. Once the flash was successfully loaded onto my car I tried to start it and it ran HORRIBLE as if it was a completely different file and would barely start. I tried to revert it back to the previous revision of the tune and and it still has the same issue. **HOWEVER**

Here is the kicker: When I restore the car to a previous "Restore (Backup)" file it runs and drives just fine as it did before. There problem here is 100% software related. I tried to put the stock tune file back on the PCM and it will not let me. The app states: Tune contains additional controllers that are not yet license, but there are insufficient credit available. Needed: 2, Available: 0.

I'm stuck on a previous backup from last month in the meantime but at least the car is driveable. I think the tune file is corrupted because I can't even go back to a previous revision on the same tune without seeing this same problem. HPTuners support why can I not load the factory tune back onto the car? and what is to be done if the file is corrupted and I can't load the factory tune back onto it?

TIA.
    Last edited by reaper263; 12-06-2022 at 01:09 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Likely because you don't have a license for one of the modules you read, you can simply delete the module via your tune details window or you can contact support directly via our contact page and we'll be happy to assist you one on one. This issue doesn't sound like something we'll be able to assist you with via forum assistance unfortunately.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill,

I opened a ticket #76418 Early this morning, thanks

Potential Tuner
    Problem solved. The .hpt file was corrupted, created a new one and transposed all parameters and the car is back running as it should.