Thread: Writer Response x7F negative response code

Tuner in Training

Writer Response x7F negative response code

Car is dead. Wont write the tune and deleted the previous tune. I emailed support but was wondering if anyone has fixed this issue?

yes, reprogram with factory tool to stock and problem solved. its almost impossible to brick the pcm totally.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    yes, reprogram with factory tool to stock and problem solved. its almost impossible to brick the pcm totally.
    I was able to put the stock tune in.. But I paid good money for the MVPI3 a laptop and the tuning with credits. I would like to load my tunes that I bought. Any knowledge on why it stops at the write ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroiit View Post
    I was able to put the stock tune in.. But I paid good money for the MVPI3 a laptop and the tuning with credits. I would like to load my tunes that I bought. Any knowledge on why it stops at the write ?
    "x7F" I often see when another tuning device locks the ECU, or rewrites the ECU in a coding language that is not recognizable to HPTuners (Seen it with SCT programmers, Trifecta tunes, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroiit View Post
    Was your car tuned before?

Tuner in Training
    Was your car tuned before?
    The car did have a tune in it with ngauge, but he put in the stock tune (sold it to the dealership) and had the ngauge unmarried.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    "x7F" I often see when another tuning device locks the ECU, or rewrites the ECU in a coding language that is not recognizable to HPTuners (Seen it with SCT programmers, Trifecta tunes, etc)
    The reader x7F is potentially because its locked, but the writer x7F is what seems to be (from my research) the TDN and MVPI3 issues.

Probably locked as mentioned, was not returned to stock properly.

Tuner in Training
    Probably locked as mentioned, was not returned to stock properly.
    I can write tunes with my laptop, just not the tunes I paid for using the MPVI3 and TDN. I was sent a tune file to confirm whether it was locked or not. So its not locked. I am not a tuner so I bought a couple tunes from reputable company.