Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 300c 6.1 stock file?

The tune ray uploaded last night had skim disabled
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    i didnt even see that 1st file thank you, gonna try it out

Tuner in Training
    Uploaded that tune still nothing so assuming it's something else going on this is what it's doing for reference

Quote Originally Posted by 802djeezy View Post
    this is the one i just put on it, yesterday. still nothingAttachment 127507

ETA- I uploaded that file you sent...sent a video of it trying to start, I don't have a clue what my next steps should be
    What year is the engine ? was it rebuilt ?
    At this point it has to be in the wiring, a bad sensor,
    you did say it starts with "spray" but shuts off ?
    I know with the 04-05 pcm's if the trans tune isn't read it'll do the same thing, we also run in to this when we do a trans swap, in-till we mod a few wirers and connectors, mostly dealing with clutch, and ASD relay ..

Hey check the ASD relay. (Automatic shut down) all this time it could be just a crappy relay.
    G3 Hemi Videos

Tuner in Training
    Its an 07 engine rebuilt... put it into the 06 300c hemi. sprayed starter fluid in the throttle body and it starts and shuts right down.
    Last edited by 802djeezy; 01-17-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Well being an 07, that means crank tone wheel should be 32 tooth, so that eliminates that( providing it wasn’t swapped y builder)

Try the asd relay ,

Only other thing would be a cut wire somewhere
    G3 Hemi Videos

Tuner in Training
    Checked the relay all is good there.

wants to start on this spray tho. there are no shops around here i live in Vermont and we have nothing so sounds like if I want to get this figured out ill have to get it towed out of state somewhere
    https://youtube.com/shorts/g-G2H-0huVk?feature=share

Advanced Tuner
    Seems like a good path to take at this point is the typical diagnostics for a crank-no-start scenario, and especially where there is an attempt to fire when spraying starting fluid in the throttle body, I'd suggest putting noid lights at each injector pigtail to see if all injectors are getting their respective signal to fire while cranking.

If all checks out there, I'd start checking spark. I've never attempted to check spark on these Hemis by touching a plug against the block while cranking with the coil-on-plug configuration and 2 plugs per cylinder, but I imagine it's feasible to do such a test. Might need a 2nd person to assist.

If you have good signals to the injectors and good spark, there's no reason it shouldn't fire up, unless the injectors themselves are plugged up. Now, as to whether it will run and idle cleanly on the current calibration, I have my doubts. But at least fire and run for a few seconds without starting fluid should be completely reasonable.

Advanced Tuner
    It has spark. How much fuel pressure does it have?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    It has spark. How much fuel pressure does it have?
    If this was an argument against my suggestion to double check spark, I would simply suggest that while we know at least some cylinders are getting spark (otherwise there would be no attempt to fire), we don't know if every cylinder is getting spark. It costs nothing more than a few minutes to verify there isn't a faulty coil pack, spark plug, or potential wiring issues by checking every cylinder for spark.

I agree that checking fuel pressure at the rails is also wise.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    If this was an argument against my suggestion to double check spark, I would simply suggest that while we know at least some cylinders are getting spark (otherwise there would be no attempt to fire), we don't know if every cylinder is getting spark. It costs nothing more than a few minutes to verify there isn't a faulty coil pack, spark plug, or potential wiring issues by checking every cylinder for spark.

I agree that checking fuel pressure at the rails is also wise.
    I’m thinking he forgot the question mark after “ spark”.
    G3 Hemi Videos

Tuner
    I was going to throw a suggestion if you haven?t got it to start already . If you used the original injectors and they sat, your injectors are most likely clogged .This happened to my 6.1 swap in my 73 challenger . It would only start under fluid spray so i removed the injectors bought a used set from a guy who upgraded and it fired right up and hasn't skipped a beat since ..Ive seen one side of the injectors clog since the engine was sitting in the garage on its side and the others were fine because the fuel was in one side of the rail ..
    Last edited by Hpsonny; 02-15-2023 at 10:06 AM.