Thread: Base Tune for Texas Speed Catless headers

Potential Tuner

Post Base Tune for Texas Speed Catless headers

Hi I am having an issue with I believe my timing after installing Texas Speed Catless heads with 3" connection pipes. I think I am getting a spike causing me to run lean at idle, this in turn is making it where if I put my foot in it I get some knocking. Does anyone have a base file for this I can review. Do I need to advance the timing?

2018 Mustang GT with Texas Speed 1-7/8"x3" catless headers with 3"x4" catback exhaust, and Corsa air intake.

Potential Tuner
    Post log
    Looks like you have issue with installation that the headers pipe hitting something cuase the knock
    And check for any exhaust leak before the o2 sensors

Potential Tuner
    The o2 sensors have to be adjusted because you moved it back further down the system, it could also easily be hitting something.

Potential Tuner
    Not hitting anything and motor was realigned on the engine mounts to have plenty of clearance. Ill try adjusting my O2 sensors. Do you think I need to subtract some timing?

Advanced Tuner
    Send log and tune

Advanced Tuner
    I have great tune im me

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by markgreco View Post
    Not hitting anything and motor was realigned on the engine mounts to have plenty of clearance. I'll try adjusting my O2 sensors. Do you think I need to subtract some timing?
    If you haven't made any changes other than the LT exhaust, you shouldn't have any issues, even without tuning, transport delay alone won't cause any real problems.

Potential Tuner
    Can you share a screenshot of your spark timing?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Send log and tune
    Going to be doing some data logging this weekend I will share I tried adjusting them and realigning the motor again to make sure everything is okay.

Tuner in Training
    When I put TSP headers in my 2019 GT one of the primaries was hitting the AC line on the passenger side under moderate to heavy acceleration. Caused KR to go to 10 degrees and then it would immediately taper off. I found it by putting a GoPro under the hood pointing at the suspected area and sure enough it was hitting.

I had to switch to BMR urethane engine mounts to make it stop. I had the engine shifted all the way to the drivers side and adjusted the AC line but it still did it. I even put new OEM engine mounts in just in case one was bad. Still no luck. The BMR mounts fixed it, but they come with their own issues. They transmit LOTS of vibrations and noise. It is tolerable, but only because the trade off is 10 degrees of KR on launch is the alternative.

Here is a video of it. https://youtu.be/2e77o1sFN_U
    Last edited by mejohn50; 12-15-2022 at 07:28 AM.