Thread: CAN'T change fuel map with latest VCM update!!!!

Advanced Tuner

CAN'T change fuel map with latest VCM update!!!!

It says "Read Only" and I can't change any of the values. WTF?!

I can change 2nd fuel, and it seems everything else I looked at, but this is blocked? Why? I thought maybe just a glitch, but someone had to both disable it AND type in [READ ONLY]
    so clearly not a mistake.

Read Only.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Potential Tuner
    Its part of the emissions control. You need to complete the Training course = Compliance & Emissions training. Once completed go to the Parameter Access to obtain Device Code which will unlock READ ONLY mode.

Advanced Tuner
    omg, seriously? Sigh... Well, the old editor works so I switched back to that. Plus the scanner data isnt compatable so I'm using the old scanner too.

Advanced Tuner
    I took the "class". Why? I don't have an answer, but I regret it very much. You can't just skip the pages of blabbering, you have to wait out a timer on each one before you can move to the next. So I just sat there watching the little timer, borderline falling asleep on each one and praying that was the last one. Everytime I thought it was over, there were more BS timers and questions. I felt like I was in elementary school again, which includes the elementary level questions. One question was wrong, so I had to plug in the wrong answer to get it right, just like school.

When it was finally over it took a while to find the code I need because as we all know the HP website (and product) is not user friendly and couldn't simply give me the code, or tell me where it is. Would a note, link or any clue be so difficult??? After an extensive search I finally found it. It says something about expiring in a year??? If they want me to go through that again they can kiss my ass.
    I plug in the code, and FAIL. Doesn't work. Got a new code, FAIL. Another one FAIL. Fourth try FAIL. It says "Faulted" in the lower left corner as you can see.
    I'm really getting sick of HP's BS. In my experience, any time a company starts dictating to the customer, rather than catering, they have too much income and too little competition so they don't need to bother with the customer.

Fault.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909