Thread: 1.4T - 12V source for ethanol content sensor

Tuner in Training

1.4T - 12V source for ethanol content sensor

Hi,

I'm adding an ethanol content sensor to my 2017 Opel Corsa with the GM 1.4T engine and E78 ECU.

I'm looking for advices as to where would be the best place to get a +12V feed for the sensor. I've made the connections to the ECU, checked and got +5V with key ignition so that part is done with.
    I looked online and couldn't find any helpful infos for my car, I however found a guide from ZZP for fitting the sensor on a Chevrolet Sonic.
    Since the Corsa and the Sonic shares a lot of parts I gave it a try and installed my 12V wire into the light grey connector in the engine fuse box but no luck. I got 0V between this wire and the battery negative terminal so I guess my car is wired differently.

Attached is a picture of the connector and the location where I put my power wire. Thanks for the help!
    2022-12-10 18_19_48-Sonic+Flex+Fuel+Conversion+Install+Instructions.pdf - SumatraPDF.png

Tuner in Training
    I used the power wire for the evap soleniod.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Did some more research and found a unused space providing +12V ignition to install the Vcc pin coming from my ethanol content sensor.

Attached is where I put it, engine fuse/relay board black connector.
    sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spcbrn View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Did some more research and found a unused space providing +12V ignition to install the Vcc pin coming from my ethanol content sensor.

Attached is where I put it, engine fuse/relay board black connector.
    sig.jpg
    That's the fuse box in the engine compartment?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarisic View Post
    That's the fuse box in the engine compartment?
    Yes, it's the connector going to the engine wiring harness, the other light grey connector is used for the headlights.
    I could have noticed my mistake if I had been more careful but what got me wrong was an error on the wiring diagram, even thought I got them from the official technical documentation platform.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danyilboon9 View Post
    I used the power wire for the evap soleniod.
    Thats what I have done in standalone swaps.