Thread: 21 Gladiator S/C Timing woes

Potential Tuner

21 Gladiator S/C Timing woes

For the life of me I can't figure out what is causing a random timing drop by 15 degrees during just steady state driving. 30% throttle it'll randomly just have a big dip in timing then come back up.

I know the VE table is pulling fuel but every time I pull VE it is such a massive swing with the smallest decrease of VE. I used a dodge injector calculator I found on here but I don't believe it to be correct for these injectors.

It's a Magnuson TVS1900 kit, they supplied "LSA 58#" injectors but didn't supply any data when I emailed them. Very unhelpful to be perfectly honest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Well I was able to remedy the random timing drop and surge feeling by disabling VVT but now I have an idle surge.

Any ideas where I should look into this issue now?

Also it looks like PE isn't taking affect soon enough. AFR is too lean imo for the pressure ratio. Enrichment is targeting 12.8-11.6 but I don't see that happening till 3400 rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    Few strange things happening in those logs.

Firstly the pressure ratio flatlines at only 1.258 which is equivalent to about 3.8psi boost in the first log (in the second its 1.247 and 3.6psi). The way it flatlines suggests the the MAP sensor data may be wrong or the MAP sensor itself is maxing out for some reason (sure its a 2bar + sensor). Doubt its a mechanical issue eg large boost leak as the trace is far too flat.

Them timing drops are pretty strange. Was the AC on?

The most likely reason you are not getting into PE earlier is because your WOT pedal threshold is still set way up at 3.5098V. You will need to log the "relative pedal" voltage to work out when you actually want to PE to kick in as thats what will trigger it.

Potential Tuner
    So I believe its a 6 psi supercharger pulley but up here in Colorado it should only be about 3-4 psi if I'm not mistaken.

MAP and Baro both read 12.6 with key on engine off.

No, had A/C off the whole time.

I set WOT threshold down to 3v but I still don't think it's triggering quick enough. Here's the last log/tune file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileAutomotiveLLC View Post
    I set WOT threshold down to 3v but I still don't think it's triggering quick enough. Here's the last log/tune file.
    You still don't seem to be logging the "relative pedal" voltage or any accelerator pedal voltages for that matter. So we cant actually see where it crosses the 3V threshold in the log and how delayed the actual PE is.

Advanced Tuner
    That throttle adaption has to be dancing all over the place. Nothing appears to reflect the presence of the supercharger so the controller is making what sense it can of the info it has... The MAP is flatlined at 110 because the toon clips it there, in the diagnostics tab. Any airflow error likely just gets fed into throttle adaption, and when that's maxed, spark takes over.

What pressure sensors do you have available and what sensors can you wire in to supplement?

Tuner in Training
    HI,
    can upload oem file, please?