Thread: 2013 ford escape not hitting desired load at WOT

Advanced Tuner

2013 ford escape not hitting desired load at WOT

Relatively new to ecoboost tuning and I cannot for the life of me find out what is limiting me from hitting the desired load at WOT. I've messed with the tq tables slightly to increase the desired load, but once I go WOT the actual load just starts tapering back down under 2.0. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

SPG TUNE-SLIGHTLY INCREASEING INVERSE TQ TABLES.hpt22-12-11 12-47-00.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Hello amd welcome. It seems you may be asking more from the turbo than it can actually provide. Also your data log resolution is poor from the sheer amount of channels that you are logging. You have a little duty cycle left it looks like but this may be from resolution gaps. I would take away all mapped points and see if recover enough resolution to see why your boost is falling to a less than desired amount. Many factors contribute to this so it can be a trial and error situation until you build what you actually need. Going to look through your tune now

Advanced Tuner
    I would set your torque tables and inverse tables back to stock and start bumping up your driver demand table. Ask for more torque in other words instead of a higher load for the same torque. Thats what I would do

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    I would set your torque tables and inverse tables back to stock and start bumping up your driver demand table. Ask for more torque in other words instead of a higher load for the same torque. Thats what I would do
    thanks for the recommendation, but I've already tried increase the DD tables with no luck. That was actually the first thing i did after increasing the various limiters. All it did was increase the desired load, but the actual load stayed relatively the same. Maybe you are right in that i'm maxing out the turbo. Seems like a lot of tuned focus STs that I've seen are able to hit higher airloads than me and we have the same engine (to my knowledge).

Advanced Tuner
    Lets get a data log with only what is needed to diagnose airflow and go from there. With more resolution we may see the issue.
    escape.Channels.xml
    Try that and get us some data

Advanced Tuner
    escape.hpt
    This is where I would have started. Just for instance

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Lets get a data log with only what is needed to diagnose airflow and go from there. With more resolution we may see the issue.
    escape.Channels.xml
    Try that and get us some data
    sounds good..i'll try that out and get back to you. thanks