Thread: Anyone tune a 2003,04,05 Grand am gt? 3400 engines

Potential Tuner

Anyone tune a 2003,04,05 Grand am gt? 3400 engines

I have a 2004 gt, but later model 03's are the same bin(not sure about the 05's). Earlier 03's had transmission differences, i've read anything past month 08 is an 04. i'm just looking for something a little more extensive. My car is all stock btw. I'd love to chat with those that have tuned one. All i have currently is a vats removal tune. I have obdx vt pro in the mail right now and bench setup. Just want some insight into these 3400. I have an se pcm/bcm in it currently and thats why the need to turn off vats in the gt pcm(not sure if that will work and i'm also going to change the vin to match the bcm if that matters). I've seen all the differences comparing both the se/gt bin and its a lot of things! gt's had slightly larger intakes and i think exhaust, plus the ram air(which doesnt do much) All in all a 5 hp difference but the bins are a lot different.

HP Tuners software does not work with non-HP Tuners hardware.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    HP Tuners software does not work with non-HP Tuners hardware.
    I'll be using obdx vt pro with lsdroid. I'm wanting to use tiny tuner instead of hp tuner. As long as i can read the bin and edit it and the write to the pcm? So i'm not understanding your response

This is the HP Tuners support forum.

edit: So just about any advice you'd get would be referencing HP Tuners' tables in the HP Tuners software, which will be totally different everywhere for everything from what you're wanting to use.

Potential Tuner
    I can use hptuners,,,just want to chat with those who have. I have hptuners but use tiny tuner sometimes