Thread: What can 2018 F-150 3.5l ecoboost handle on horsepower?

Potential Tuner

Question What can 2018 F-150 3.5l ecoboost handle on horsepower?

I?m new to tuning in general. Looking to self tune my 2018 f-150 ecoboost 3.5l. Just wondering what they can handle and also any tips or things I should know before I start.

Advanced Tuner
    Ban hammer lol, we're all tuners of a kind here. Anyways I'm sure someone can help you with that answer. Ive heard all kinds of numbers reported on facebook. Grab yourself the desktop dyno software that works with hp tuners and you can track your hp gains along and along. Just make sure to use the same road every time.

Welcome, Dave. There are a couple guides on how the Ecoboost platform works. The '18 trucks seem to handle quit a bit of power and in most cases as long as you can run good fuel you can get well into the 400whp range on mostly stock components. The name of the game with these things in figuring out the limiters, correcting the airflow model for your changes, and manipulating the driver demand/wot tables for what you want as far as power curve.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Potential Tuner
    Thank y?all this will be my first time so I want to learn as much as possible before I destroy an engine or transmission