Thread: 4th gear going weak because of TC ?

Unhappy 4th gear going weak because of TC ?

greetings mopars

i have been playing with the TC apply and release tables for ever also the slip tables that i zeroed them now
    yet i still couldn't get what this gear wants !! and now its going weak and feel like there is something holding it specially in 4th but in 1to3 i dont mostly feel it as the car going fast on them because it have a good power and a 3.92 rear gear but again 4th are where i lose to my opponents

so dose any one can tell what am doing bad here ? should i lock it all or open all or there is a mix ? the tune is ATTACHED
    knowing the its nag1 gear + stage 2 valve body + blue tops + 3800 tc with lock up + mtcm + 3.92 lsd rear gear
    car power is on 500s with more 100 nos option but the tune attached is without the nos , in case someone will want to get help from it
    Last edited by GeForce1986; 12-14-2022 at 02:15 AM.

no one knows any tips on this ?

Tuner
    Hello,

I am not 100% familiar with nag1 transmission, but as far as I can tell:
    - Torque Converter Apply/Release should not have the same values (on A8, release values MUST be lower than apply values)
    - Slip: it is more related to shift comfort (in case it slip a little during gear shifts, it increases comfort - on sport/track mode you could zero them for higher gears)

Also, I do not know if it is desired by you, but your shift schedule on performance mode looks quite aggressive: same shift point starting at 40% throttle. Lastly, your shift adaptation seems a little off to me (some gears are active, others are not).

Dodge Boy

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy_8HP View Post
    Hello,

I am not 100% familiar with nag1 transmission, but as far as I can tell:
    - Torque Converter Apply/Release should not have the same values (on A8, release values MUST be lower than apply values)
    - Slip: it is more related to shift comfort (in case it slip a little during gear shifts, it increases comfort - on sport/track mode you could zero them for higher gears)

Also, I do not know if it is desired by you, but your shift schedule on performance mode looks quite aggressive: same shift point starting at 40% throttle. Lastly, your shift adaptation seems a little off to me (some gears are active, others are not).

Dodge Boy
    thanks for the reply bro .

regarding the slip i zeroed all but am trying to figure what the best apply and release tables numbers for mt tcc !
    i don't mind aggressive shifting as the car is only for race use but in same time i want it to perform so !!
    shift adaption that i don't know what it do .. i did shut them off all then i on them all didn't see any different so i get them back to what i saw in some srt 6.1 tables but that might be not good so if you can shed us a light here to know what this tables do .

thanks again ^^

Tuner
    NP!

Yes, I noticed very aggressive shift points.
    Adaptation is to maintain the shift stable throughout the transmission lifetime.

So, I believe you need to play around with TCC and shift adaptation (potentially shift schedule too).

In case you need support to tune your trans, let me know: [email protected]

Thanks.
    Dodge Boy

Tuner in Training
    try to unlock the converter in 4th also. do a test run. Max the value out for the 4th gear apply and release to keep it unlocked.

Tuner
    Why keep TC unlocked? If the goal is to not have all the available torque, have slip and increase trans temp, than leave it open...

Otherwise, keep it close: better fluid dynamic (converter <-> trans), better response and low trans temp.

I am not sure if you are aware, but for each 5 degrees Celsius trans runs hotter than 90 Celsius decreases oil lifetime by almost half....

Quote Originally Posted by dangrebel View Post
    try to unlock the converter in 4th also. do a test run. Max the value out for the 4th gear apply and release to keep it unlocked.
    i did try that before and it felt like the gear is open free but the timing was slower .. am looking for a way to make the best use of my ati 3800 stall lock up tcc and the blue tops .

thanks too ^^

hello !!